Fiberglass fenders? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
Fiberglass fenders?

So I've been thinking about getting some new fiberglass fennders from cobalt addiction.com Mostly just to loose some weight. Any opinions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
So I've been thinking about getting some new fiberglass fennders from cobalt addiction.com Mostly just to loose some weight. Any opinions?
got any pics? and how much weight would they shave off?

07 Cobalt LS

Mods: MB SevenX 16" rims, painted bowtie, 350 Watt Kenwood amp and JL Audio sub, Red Razo sport pedals, K&N SRI, PPE Engineering header and downpipe, Tsudo exhaust, coupe style wing (yes! that's it...for now)

Wish List: TTR Rear sway bar

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Contributor

oh jeeze the shipping is insane!! but they look pretty cool imo. that shipping price though....damn

07 Cobalt LS

Mods: MB SevenX 16" rims, painted bowtie, 350 Watt Kenwood amp and JL Audio sub, Red Razo sport pedals, K&N SRI, PPE Engineering header and downpipe, Tsudo exhaust, coupe style wing (yes! that's it...for now)

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 08:42 AM

I would be cheaper to go there and pick them up yourself. That shipping is horrible!!!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 08:43 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkened View Post
I would be cheaper to go there and pick them up yourself. That shipping is horrible!!!
haha no joke. almost as much as the fender itself

07 Cobalt LS

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to JenovaD
I have never delt with after market body panels on my cobalt.But i HAVE on other cars. And they almost NEVER fit properly. Plus keep in mind if you paint them you will have to color match the whole front end of your car. So idealy you will have yo fade into the doors hood and bumper. So it could be a bit more pricey than you expect. Plus the shipping IS insane.

other than taht I do like them. Would go very well with a nice Fiber glass hood.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenovaD View Post
I have never delt with after market body panels on my cobalt.But i HAVE on other cars. And they almost NEVER fit properly. Plus keep in mind if you paint them you will have to color match the whole front end of your car. So idealy you will have yo fade into the doors hood and bumper. So it could be a bit more pricey than you expect. Plus the shipping IS insane.

other than taht I do like them. Would go very well with a nice Fiber glass hood.
oh ya i always forget about the price of painting. thats a pretty penny in its own right

07 Cobalt LS

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Contributor

which style were you looking at... i personally like the L3

Mods:Exterior 5% tinted all around w/ eyebrow, SS/SC hi rise spoiler, SS/SC front bumper, BSA 17" wheels black w/ machined lip, Falken ze912 rubber, cross-driled slotted rotors. Engine AEM CAI, Bosch platinum +4 plugs, custom 2 1/4" catback w/ raceland muffler. Interior TSW short throw shifter, JDM 4-pt harnesses, CA harness bar, R-1 sport pedal, 10'' solo-baric L7
Soon to come: custom creation hood, lowering springs, hahn port fueller manifold, seats.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost_it.20psi View Post
which style were you looking at... i personally like the L3
ive alway liked the L3's myself.
not going to spend that kind of money w/paint though. dont really care about appearance THAT much myself.
not to mention, it wouldnt look good w/o a body kit. then your'e talking some cash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode