tint questions - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
tint questions

Ok, so in my stupid state, the limit for tints is 35% and the cops here are bastards so they stop you for the tints. First, does anyone have pics of their car with 35%s?
Other question, how are the kits they sell on ebay or what would you guys/girls do for tints or what have you done?

My 'Balt, Camryn, is my baby. She's a black '09 LT 2.2L with the performance appearance package. I believe that if you take care of your car your car will take care of you.
Currently: Predator Pedals, GM logos gone, blacked out bowties, green interior neons, green LEDGlow, 2x 12" Kicker L7's subwoofer, kicker speakers, Pioneer avic f700bt, Konig Unkown's (17's), Tints

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Forum God

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...5Launch059.jpg

some random vw with 35%. 35 seems darker in person. is it only 35 all the way around?
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
yeah im pretty sure. my state sucks

My 'Balt, Camryn, is my baby. She's a black '09 LT 2.2L with the performance appearance package. I believe that if you take care of your car your car will take care of you.
Currently: Predator Pedals, GM logos gone, blacked out bowties, green interior neons, green LEDGlow, 2x 12" Kicker L7's subwoofer, kicker speakers, Pioneer avic f700bt, Konig Unkown's (17's), Tints

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
theres are the laws in my state, as found online:
Connecticut Tint Law Enacted: 1994
HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN CONNECTICUT?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In Connecticut, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.
Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Forum God

mine sucks to. mines anything on the back 3 but nothing on the fronts
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
how did you tint your windows?

post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Forum God

haven't yet. I'm waiting til im down in vancouver cause it costs about double here. I'm thinking I'm gonna go 20 in the back and 50 in the front just so its a bit darker but cops shouldn't care. if you go 35 all the way around you'll probably be pretty happy with it. thats what was on my civic
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
how do u get it done, do u get the stick on ones from like ebay or go to a shop or what?

post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to GBALT05
Quote:
Originally Posted by djp55 View Post
Ok, so in my stupid state, the limit for tints is 35% and the cops here are bastards so they stop you for the tints. First, does anyone have pics of their car with 35%s?
Other question, how are the kits they sell on ebay or what would you guys/girls do for tints or what have you done?
Ive got 32%- ga state law.

I like my tint a lot.

Get a custom shop to do it IMO that way its legit.
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Forum Regular

I too live in a state where fronts can only be 75% (don't bother), but anything you want on back windows. I had a shop do the back 3 windows @ 20%. It cost $100 with lifetime warranty. Worth every penny not to have to mess with it and have it look good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode