Interior overhaul - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Interior overhaul

First off I'm the new guy. So hi. Yes I did do some searching but I couldn't find quite what I was looking for. Anyway.

I have a base 05 Cobalt Sedan. I'm officially out of warranty as of a month ago so I started to tinker with my car

To be frank, I hate the grey interior. Hate it. I want the black one. Now for some reason the top of my dash is black but every other piece of trim is grey.

So I want to do the bottom of the dash, the entire center console, A,B,C pillars, headliner, rear deck lid, seats, door sill covers and doors in black. What would you say the best way is to accomplish this?

I looked around and I can do both the bottom dash and center console with oem parts in ebony for $250 give or take. But since I have a sedan I'm lost when it comes to the door panels, headliner, pillars, door sill covers and seats

Any direction would be very helpful. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 02:55 AM
Forum God

well as far as the fabric goes, please dont paint it(ive seriously seen painted seats and headliner) if you really want black seats and whatnot, maybe check a junkyard for some ss parts you could get cheap. otherwise, you would be looking at re wrapping everything
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 02:55 AM
Forum God

welcome to the site btw

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 03:02 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Thanks, I've been in the shadows reading. This site is alot like CSS.net. Makes me want to spend an ungodly amount of money
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 04:11 AM
Forum Regular

dont compare this site to css that place is 90 percent crap in my opinion.

TTR Sway bar, De badged, z-spec intake, DVD player.

"I am by no means an expert in my field of work or play"
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 04:54 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

hmm... well I have't ventured too far out of the electronics section as far as that goes I had nothing but good experiences. But it's irrelevant. To each his own I guess.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:21 AM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
welcome and as far as redoing your interior you have a few options. 1st you can go to the junkyard get most of what you need for a decent price.almost all of the interior pieces just snap out so it is not that hard to do. second you can paint all the plastic pieces with krylon fusion spray paint (made for plastic). As "09cobaltlt" said DO NOT paint any fabric. Just get that stuff from a junkyard. hope that helps steer ya in the right direction

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 08:50 AM
Forum Regular

dont paint the fabric looks gay like a merge of black and gray i should know i painted my door panels and i was gonna replace the fabric so i didnt cover them but best thing to do is paint ur panels with krylon fusion spray paint as Cobaltxfe09 said
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 01:17 PM
mmmm rice<3
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelpn View Post
First off I'm the new guy. So hi. Yes I did do some searching but I couldn't find quite what I was looking for. Anyway.

I have a base 05 Cobalt Sedan. I'm officially out of warranty as of a month ago so I started to tinker with my car

To be frank, I hate the grey interior. Hate it. I want the black one. Now for some reason the top of my dash is black but every other piece of trim is grey.

So I want to do the bottom of the dash, the entire center console, A,B,C pillars, headliner, rear deck lid, seats, door sill covers and doors in black. What would you say the best way is to accomplish this?

I looked around and I can do both the bottom dash and center console with oem parts in ebony for $250 give or take. But since I have a sedan I'm lost when it comes to the door panels, headliner, pillars, door sill covers and seats

Any direction would be very helpful. Thanks in advance
i wanna do this too, i gotta coupe. butt, im wayy too lazy. so lemme kno how it goes for ya

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 01:28 PM
Contributor

needless to say, your gonna have fun redoing your interior. i know i am! :D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode