Headliner ? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Headliner ?

Hey everyone so my interior is almost where I want it but I would like to make my headliner white......has anybody done this or know about how much an upholstery shop should charge?.........no sunroof......and what about the front pillars can those be painted or better to be wraped in fabric?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Bump for some help please :-)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:01 PM
Contributor

Garage
i wrapped my headliner myself cost me 60 bucks to do my headliner and rear deck panel... professionals forget it will be a lot of money... the pillars are easy enough to paint depends on the look your going for ...

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

could you post pics please?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Contributor

Garage
yea i can ... heh i dont like how the pictures make mine look but ill show them anyway... (just keep in mind that it does look better than what it shows!!)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Contributor

Garage
https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/int...headliner.html

thats the link to the thread i posted when i did it...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

thanks i would be greatful could you give a quick list of what materials you used I think im gonna do this this week or weekend
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Contributor

Garage
i went to Joannes Fabric store. they actually had "headliner fabric" its like a foam backed soft material (you can see in the picture) i got 3 yards 2 yards for my headliner and a yard for my rear deck... it cost about 45 bucks (15 bucks a yard or so)

for glue i ALWAYS use 3M i love theyre products! i used the 3M spray can adhesive id recommend getting the 90! the 70 will probably hold but to be sure i got the extra strength heh... its about 12 bucks a can or so at lowes or home depot!

A word of advice ... TAKE YOUR TIME and Have an extra set of hands!! i did mine alone, it came out good but it would have been easier with someone helping...

the only thing i dont like about mine is as i was working the fabric onto the headliner the "fuzzier" it looked... so i may end up redoing mine with a different fabric... also if your feeling crazy try putting the new fabric right over the old one! i took my old fabric off and it seemed to be almost like fiberglass backed so it was stiff and rigid but when i put the new fabric on it was soft and flimsyish so it didnt hold the contour of the roof as well but still looks great...

so to avoid problems either A- gett a stiff fabric or go over the old one B have a helper and C dont rush! haha oh and Dont cheap out on the glue... even if you dont use the glue i used get something equally as expensive haha good luck and post pics ill help anyway i can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode