little advice - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via AIM to youthminguy
Lightbulb little advice

alright so i got this idea to paint my bowtie blue w/ red trim, then put the superman symbol in the middle red. so i painted the whole thing red, taped off the trim, put on the stencil i made for the symbol, then sprayed over it all blue. i put on a couple of coats so it would cover the red. i waited for it to dry, then i took off the stencil. the red was underneath, the only problem was the blue paint stuck to the stencil and it peeled and completely messed up the design. anybody have any advice on a better way to get the symbol?

'08 coupe special edition, blue bowties, red streetglow footwell LED's, red razo race pedals, custom build SRI, pioneer avh-p3100dvd headunit, shorty antenna, Kicker 07DS600 speakers, cobalt 3rd brake light decal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 06:39 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to lobalt
Hmmm... either dont let the stencil sit there while it dries, like spray it, then slowly take it off, then let dry... idk if that would work but its worth a try...

then if that doesnt work u could get an artsy friend to draw it in w/ a paint pen, and then if that doesn work maybe a vinyl?

Christy // 2008 HHR SS // instagram: cjay117
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
yeah the paint pen might work. idk i'll experiment more with it tomorrow. i think part of the problem was i sprayed the blue paint on too thick. but i'll try taking off the stencil sooner too.

'08 coupe special edition, blue bowties, red streetglow footwell LED's, red razo race pedals, custom build SRI, pioneer avh-p3100dvd headunit, shorty antenna, Kicker 07DS600 speakers, cobalt 3rd brake light decal

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 06:50 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to lobalt
k, well good luck... i wanna c how that turns out!

Christy // 2008 HHR SS // instagram: cjay117
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Veteran

Garage
use a thicker paper for it, idk y but i think itll help

My 'Balt, Camryn, is my baby. She's a black '09 LT 2.2L with the performance appearance package. I believe that if you take care of your car your car will take care of you.
Currently: Predator Pedals, GM logos gone, blacked out bowties, green interior neons, green LEDGlow, 2x 12" Kicker L7's subwoofer, kicker speakers, Pioneer avic f700bt, Konig Unkown's (17's), Tints

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
yeah thats what i was thinking about. i think the problem was the paper was to thin so hte blue paint ended up coating over it. if the paper is higher then the paint spray i shouldnt have that problem. i think lol

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Veteran

Garage
my friend just suggested the hard plastic cover of like a notebook

My 'Balt, Camryn, is my baby. She's a black '09 LT 2.2L with the performance appearance package. I believe that if you take care of your car your car will take care of you.
Currently: Predator Pedals, GM logos gone, blacked out bowties, green interior neons, green LEDGlow, 2x 12" Kicker L7's subwoofer, kicker speakers, Pioneer avic f700bt, Konig Unkown's (17's), Tints

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode