Airbag cover emblem - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member


 
Will mpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brownsville, TN U.S.A.
Posts: 3,829
Garage
Airbag cover emblem

Hey, has anyone seen aftermarket airbag cover emblems other than the gold chevy symbol? I would like to change mine out, but have not come up with anything.

Will mpg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 06:43 AM
Forum Regular
 
88keys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 108
I'm not surprised there haven't been replacements marketed, whatever you put on there aftermarket is going to be a projectile into your chest if the airbag goes off. No one probably wants to touch the liability on that one, and it's a good thing to keep in mind.

Hailcesar has a CF one I think, lots of people have used wheel centers, even domed decals. I wrapped a piece of thick cardboard in leather for mine. Use a compass to make a perfect cardboard circle, attach leather to cardboard with spray adhesive wrapping around the edge, attach to wheel with 3m tape. I figure this won't kill me if the airbag deploys, looks better than the dented up airbag emblem I inherited with the car, but isn't very exciting.



'08 Cobalt LS Coupe Victory Red | Showoff Thread

Last edited by 88keys; 09-13-2009 at 07:21 AM.
88keys is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 09:08 AM
423
Cobalt Specialist
 
423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kilmarnock, VA
Posts: 1,060
OEM ones for sale on e-Bay.


If You're SCARED... SAY You're SCARED...
423 is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member


 
Will mpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brownsville, TN U.S.A.
Posts: 3,829
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88keys View Post
I'm not surprised there haven't been replacements marketed, whatever you put on there aftermarket is going to be a projectile into your chest if the airbag goes off. No one probably wants to touch the liability on that one, and it's a good thing to keep in mind.

Hailcesar has a CF one I think, lots of people have used wheel centers, even domed decals. I wrapped a piece of thick cardboard in leather for mine. Use a compass to make a perfect cardboard circle, attach leather to cardboard with spray adhesive wrapping around the edge, attach to wheel with 3m tape. I figure this won't kill me if the airbag deploys, looks better than the dented up airbag emblem I inherited with the car, but isn't very exciting.
Very creative. Thanks for the idea.

Will mpg is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Expert


 
golfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia
Posts: 992
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to golfin
Ok to be honest, it seems risky but i just ended up painting mine instead of spending money on an overlay, i made mine black on black and it looks sick...it just took alot of work to be honest because i wanted no overspray...i had the whole interior basically masked off but it worked out totally fine, just a thought
golfin is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 10:14 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God


 
lobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Heart of Appalachia, VA!!
Posts: 2,709
Garage
Send a message via MSN to lobalt
mine has 2 huge knuckle prints from an enraged ex...........ugh

i'm too afraid to really mess w/ it tho to change it...


Christy // 2008 HHR SS // instagram: cjay117
lobalt is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Forum Regular
 
gmevo08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobalt View Post
mine has 2 huge knuckle prints from an enraged ex...........ugh

i'm too afraid to really mess w/ it tho to change it...
ugh stupid ex's always have to F*** everything up
gmevo08 is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Cobalt Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Albany NY
Posts: 1,969
this has been discussed on here already i believe
if not here than css deff has because i have posted a few times about it
you can remove it with no problems u just need hook tools
cobalt08ls is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Cobalt Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Albany NY
Posts: 1,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfin' View Post
Ok to be honest, it seems risky but i just ended up painting mine instead of spending money on an overlay, i made mine black on black and it looks sick...it just took alot of work to be honest because i wanted no overspray...i had the whole interior basically masked off but it worked out totally fine, just a thought
spray painting inside your car=fail
i would never do that no matter how masked off everything was
cobalt08ls is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Cobalt Specialist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,388
Send a message via AIM to Chester
I have the autobot logo in the middle of my steering wheel and love it. I got it from 24designs.net They have a lot of cool emblems and whatnot on heir site. Chek it out. and btw. The chevy emblem in the middle of the steering wheel is a thin aliminum piece so it it easy to dent and removing it will not cause the airbag to deploy.



Mod's So Far: AEM CAI, C.A. Header, 2.50 Magnaflow Catback Exhaust , ZZP Catless Downpipe, DC Carbon Strut Bar, Dropped on Progress Springs. Tinted, Fully Debadged, Custom front SS bumper,2 Audiobahn 10" w/JL amp, Lower Billett Grille, Sengen 18 x 8 rims wrapped in Capitol Sport UHP 225/40/18.

Chester is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome