Halo Projector Head Lights -- Help? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Halo Projector Head Lights -- Help?

So I'm looking around on the net and I'm really digging the Halo projectors. They are like sex in a headlight. lol The cheapest I can find is a little under $300, I'm thinking about going for it because oh my god... yeah they are that sexy. lol

Anyway google: 2LHP-COB05JMB-YD - I'm looking at the first result. They are only $187. I'm just wondering if that will have everything I need to install them. I've changed out my head lamps on my own so I'm comfortable taking off the front fascia and everything.

Tell me what you all think or if I'm missing something completely here. From what I've read I'm guessing I'll have to buy some Xenon bulbs if I want them (I'm guessing they are the brightest and best?) Again - I'm a noobie. help me out a little if you would.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Forum God

if your buying projectors, buy hids
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 06:43 PM
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated

IMHO, halo's are junk! a friend of mine has had 2 pairs of the 2nd gen halo's burn out in LESS than a year.. The first gen are even worse and the 3rd gen are just weird looking to me.

The ones you are looking at are 3rd gen BTW

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say,
A fool speaks because he has to say something"
OBZ's showoff thread!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Okay, so hold up! I'm not going to argue with you guys, if you say HID, I say HID... but do they look as cool?

Can you guys recommend a brand / model you like or use? Thanks!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Forum God

theyre the really bright, blueish lights you see. theyre one of the best upgrades imo
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09-Cobalt-lt View Post
theyre the really bright, blueish lights you see. theyre one of the best upgrades imo
Any particular set up that you recommend? I see there are all kinds of K's 8000k 1000k I'm guessing that's the color of the light and I read that you can get diamond white - which is probably what I'd want, I don't want a blueish cast while I'm driving... I don't think. Maybe it doesn't make much difference?

Anyway - I saw the pricing on the projectors. Now I'm off to see what HIDs are going to cost. It's scaring me that I'm going to need a conversion kit on top of the lamps themselves. Everyone says NOT to run them in your stock headlight housing?!?

Oh well - off to edumacate myself. :D
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 07:00 PM
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07cobalt View Post
Any particular set up that you recommend? I see there are all kinds of K's 8000k 1000k I'm guessing that's the color of the light and I read that you can get diamond white - which is probably what I'd want, I don't want a blueish cast while I'm driving... I don't think. Maybe it doesn't make much difference?

Anyway - I saw the pricing on the projectors. Now I'm off to see what HIDs are going to cost. It's scaring me that I'm going to need a conversion kit on top of the lamps themselves. Everyone says NOT to run them in your stock headlight housing?!?

Oh well - off to edumacate myself. :D
The igher the number, the bluer the light output is. if forget the exact # but i believe stock color is like 4200, then lower turns yellow. so white would be about 6k.

The reason you would want to put HID's in projectors is so you don't blind people. Projectors have a cut off line inside the lens so the light gets cut off low. Stock housings do not.

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say,
A fool speaks because he has to say something"
OBZ's showoff thread!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Forum God

ya my friend had 6k and they were fairly white
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Veteran

4300k to 8000k is what I recommend for HID's...anywhere in that range looks good. I would go with 4300k or 6000k myself.

-Mike
|07' LS Sedan|Ultra Silver|Auto|MTX X Thunderlink|Debadged|35% Tint|Sportlines|Injen CAI|ARK Antenna|ARK STB| OTTP "Street" bar|Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 205-60-15|Hawk PC pads|PowerSlot Slotted rotors|

Not installed yet: Pacesetter Header|Exhaust Depot DP|LSJ Cat-Back|Injen Hydroshield|MSR 045 18x8 Black w/ Red Pinstripe
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Newcomer

i got a pair of CCFL Halos off of ebay for $220 with shipping and ive been happy with them and they look great and i havent had any problems with them. Ive had them since march

Wickid Cobalt
AIT Racing Zen Body Kit, SS Replica Spoiler, AEM Full Cold Air Intake, DrifZ 18" Rims, CCFL Halo Headlights, 3A Racing Muffler, M3 Mirrors, Jensen fold out DVD player, Kenwood 10" subs with Crunch 1000 watt amp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode