Installing Racing Seats - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
Installing Racing Seats

I have a 08' Cobalt Ls. I just got racing seats for it and I was wondering if it would be worth it to pay a shop to install them and if they did could the put the passanger airback sensor in the passanger racing seat? or any other possibilities?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Viper33884 Send a message via MSN to Viper33884 Send a message via Yahoo to Viper33884
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlOtteBalt View Post
I have a 08' Cobalt Ls. I just got racing seats for it and I was wondering if it would be worth it to pay a shop to install them and if they did could the put the passanger airback sensor in the passanger racing seat? or any other possibilities?
Do it yourself, I still need to do it to my seats. Take your time and do it right.

Ryan aka Viper33884 | '06 Cobalt SS 2.4L | Userbars.com Admin
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
The only problem I run into is the screws to mount the brackets to the racing seats are 2 inches wider then that of the factory screws. And I just dont know how to get the sliders off the factory seat. There bolted on and its flat on each side and im not sure how to get it apart

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Viper33884 Send a message via MSN to Viper33884 Send a message via Yahoo to Viper33884
I've never really noticed it when I removed my seats a few times. And are you sure there not bolts, there screws? LOL And as for the difference in gap, go to Lowe's/Home Depot and get some 1" angle aluminum about 3-4 should be plenty or steel if your worried about weight in the seat and make your own bracket from the stock bracket.

Ryan aka Viper33884 | '06 Cobalt SS 2.4L | Userbars.com Admin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
racing , seats

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode