Gauge Clusters - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Gauge Clusters

So, I still have my stock gauge cluster (07 LT 120mph cluster), and I've been wanting a overlay to make my stock gauges match the Cobalt-series Auto Meter pillar gauges for a while, but I really think I should get a gauge cluster that goes up over 120 mph now that I have a car that can easily go over that.

I got iffy responses on CSS.net, so I was wondering if you guys had any input. Can I run an '07 SS/SC cluster? Or would I have to use an '07 SS/NA cluster?

Also, do I need to have my tune tweaked for it, or will the cluster itself calibrate?

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar, K&N Intake, Trifecta Tune
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Veteran

The SS/NA is 140 MPH right? I think that one would work...don't know if you have to go to the dealership to have it calibrated or not though...I would assume if the SS/NA can work, the SS/SC or SS/TC can work as well.

Sorry I don't know for sure.

As stated above, it is most likely something that the dealership needs to tweak, but I could be wrong..I don't think it would do it by itself and I don't know if Vince (I'm assuming you have Trifecta) can control that in the tune.

-Mike
|07' LS Sedan|Ultra Silver|Auto|MTX X Thunderlink|Debadged|35% Tint|Sportlines|Injen CAI|ARK Antenna|ARK STB| OTTP "Street" bar|Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 205-60-15|Hawk PC pads|PowerSlot Slotted rotors|

Not installed yet: Pacesetter Header|Exhaust Depot DP|LSJ Cat-Back|Injen Hydroshield|MSR 045 18x8 Black w/ Red Pinstripe
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 07:01 AM
Forum Regular

from what i have heard as long as you have one from the same year vehicle it will work and the cluster will work properly without a tune.

09 cobalt LT - gmpp sri, gmpp catback, eibach sportlines, twm short shifter, enkei 17x8 inch wheels, air box mod, tinted windows and tails.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 08:56 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
For the past few years you cannot just swap out guage clusters in GM products. They are set for your vehicle's ECU and you cannot use another vehicles cluster. You have to buy a new one from the appropriate GM dealer, give them your VIN, and in a few weeks you will have your new cluster. It is an attempt that was started by inusrance companies and a few other entitites to try to fight odometer fraud. Found that out when I was at the parts counter getting a part and someone came in trying to fix his dash after a vehicle fire.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Forum Regular

well the mileage is digital and is stored in the ecm... just like everything else is electronic now... should be just plug n play as long as you have the correct year

09 cobalt LT - gmpp sri, gmpp catback, eibach sportlines, twm short shifter, enkei 17x8 inch wheels, air box mod, tinted windows and tails.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 10:09 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
You can get an overlay from US Speedo, they have many different colors and the 120 or 140 speedo overlays.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
So has anybody actually put an SS/SC cluster into an LS or LT?

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar, K&N Intake, Trifecta Tune
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Forum God

Garage
No but when I'm in the market..I will

SOLD! 2.2 TURBOCHARGED. GT28 TURBO, 60# INJECTORS, WISECO PISTONS, EAGLE CONNECTING RODS, ZZP 3" DOWNPIPE, PACESETTER EXHAUST, K&N INTAKE, CUSTOM COLDSIDE PIPING, DEJON HOTSIDE PIPING, 2.4 INTAKE MANIFOLD,2.4 THROTTLE BODY, TRIFECTA TUNED.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode