Headlight Question - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Headlight Question

ok so i was surfing ebay and i found those Typical Halo LED headlights that alot of u guys have and my question is this..

does the LED and halo side have to be wired in?... or is it already wired into the new headlight harness and all u have to do is plug it in and go?

mods... tinted taillights, 1000 watt alpine mono amp, 2 10 inch alpine type "r" subs, basspro slot ported box, xm radio, alpine 6x9 rear speekers, alpine 6.5 front speekers (both type "s",09SS front bumper and lip,black factory headlights, 12k foglights, 10k headlights, slp catback,fe5 suspension with sportlines,black carpet, painted plastics (black) huge custom pink monster sticker... and ofcourse.... BLACKED OUT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Forum God

Garage
both have to be wired...there are wires for the halos and there's a seperate set of wires for the leds

SOLD! 2.2 TURBOCHARGED. GT28 TURBO, 60# INJECTORS, WISECO PISTONS, EAGLE CONNECTING RODS, ZZP 3" DOWNPIPE, PACESETTER EXHAUST, K&N INTAKE, CUSTOM COLDSIDE PIPING, DEJON HOTSIDE PIPING, 2.4 INTAKE MANIFOLD,2.4 THROTTLE BODY, TRIFECTA TUNED.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 01:20 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Yea, the halos and LEDs have their own wires. I wired mine to the DRL.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Viper33884 Send a message via MSN to Viper33884 Send a message via Yahoo to Viper33884
I have had mine for a while now and your best bet, be ready to replace some LEDs.

Ryan aka Viper33884 | '06 Cobalt SS 2.4L | Userbars.com Admin
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via AIM to FullmetalCobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakdOut07LT View Post
ok so i was surfing ebay and i found those Typical Halo LED headlights that alot of u guys have and my question is this..

does the LED and halo side have to be wired in?... or is it already wired into the new headlight harness and all u have to do is plug it in and go?
like others said it's a wire you have to splice into other wires. i put mine to the parking light wires. but also on the first gen halo's you'll be replacing led's. i ended up getting the sec gen halo's after my first accident and i never replaced those led's.. course 7 months after getting the new ones i totalled my car. lol. :/ but yeah. if you get halo's def recommend the second or third gen style (if there;s a third gen i can't remember right now).

AEM CAI|Ultimate Racing 3" Test Pipe| resonator delete| HKS SSQV 3 BOV| Cobb Turbo Inlet Pipe| 8000k HID| 15% tint all around| Tanabe Tower Strut Bar| PT-Performance Kicker Mount
Really? this seriously happened? o_O
my sexy interior!!!
More pics of the sexy!
The rims i want!
My Facebook
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 04:41 PM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
moved to interior/exterior