Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dome Light Housing

6K views 27 replies 5 participants last post by  XFE 
#1 ·
the terminals to my dome light are all messed up due to trying to get a led dome light to fit properly with out it moving back and forth
i eventually said screw it because i kept blowing fuses
now sometimes when i open my door the light isnt on because the terminals to the housing were bent when i was trying to get the led bulb to fit. and i have to tap the housing for it to go on.

i want to buy this

Interior Dome Map Light Lights CHEVY COBALT 2007 07:eBay Motors (item 350266125038 end time Nov-15-09 16:45:26 PST)
but does anyone know how i take my current one out and put this one in?

some one said i may have to remove the whole head liner. if that is needed do you think if i was to take the ebay one to a dealer and ask them to replace my current one with that one do you think they would?

#6 ·
alright so i take it the whole thing just pulls out.?
my terminals are messed up and its bugging me
haha you think ifi go to the dealer the'll fix it under warranty?

#8 ·
lol alright. i just don't want to mess up my headliner or anything removing it.
but i reallly want to replace it because the part its self is cheap

#11 ·
hmm. yeah i looked under the lens and there is no screws as another person said there was.
if i go to the dealer and tell them the original bulb blew and i got another factory bulb and i had problems putting it in and the terminals are bent resulting in the light not being on sumtimes do you think they will fix it under warranty?

#13 ·
yeah i mean i wanna replace it myself but i don't know exactly for a fact how to change it out. and i don't want to experiment and than mess shit up. unless someone can verify how to change it correctly.
i can go to the other dealer which is closer to my house.
ill tell them the dome light doesn't stay on sometimes and i changed the bulb with another one because the bulb blew and the terminals are bent

#16 ·
holy crap!
no dude i need a whole new dome light (assembly) not the bulb
my terminals are bent like i originally said because i messed around with an led bulb a while ago.

#15 ·
the terminals to my dome light are all messed up due to trying to get a led dome light to fit properly with out it moving back and forth
i eventually said screw it because i kept blowing fuses
now sometimes when i open my door the light isnt on because the terminals to the housing were bent when i was trying to get the led bulb to fit. and i have to tap the housing for it to go on.
alright so i take it the whole thing just pulls out.?
my terminals are messed up and its bugging me
haha you think ifi go to the dealer the'll fix it under warranty?
hmm. yeah i looked under the lens and there is no screws as another person said there was.
if i go to the dealer and tell them the original bulb blew and i got another factory bulb and i had problems putting it in and the terminals are bent resulting in the light not being on sumtimes do you think they will fix it under warranty?
yeah i mean i wanna replace it myself but i don't know exactly for a fact how to change it out. and i don't want to experiment and than mess shit up. unless someone can verify how to change it correctly.
i can go to the other dealer which is closer to my house.
ill tell them the dome light doesn't stay on sometimes and i changed the bulb with another one because the bulb blew and the terminals are bent
you justneed the bulb changed? right nothing else
Like holy crap dude.. reading> you! :weird:

#21 ·
dude take one tomorrow or something! hell take one now loll!
i really wanna see how this is done so i can do it my self
becase sometimes the light is off when i open my door and i gota tap my headliner for it to go on
and im in process of doing the door sill appearance mod and yeah

#24 ·
k so i got my dome light housing today
bulb included and everything. the casing is all dirty but im going to use my casing that came with my car
but there arent anywires or anything. the seller said everything was included

how do i hook this up?
and if i need wires that arent included im going to say screw it and return it.
does anyone have the gm part number for the whole dome light assse

#26 ·
ha nevermind dude i solved it myself
i thought there was suppose to be wires off the new domelight there wasnt i saw a connector and i was like i take it you have to plug the stock connector into that
and i was right

replacement complete

mods close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.