HID Astra Retrofits - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

HID Astra Retrofits

Hey guys i would like to find out how difficult it is to use the Saturn Astra headlights to do a retrofit for my 08' Cobalt Sport? I really like the look of the Astra layout compared to the stock Cobalt. I have seen the end results on a thread in another forum but they didnt say they were from an Astra or how they did it:

http://*************/forums/showthrea...light=retrofit

Looks like it was the first set that he did and he sold to another member on that forum. after i saw a Saturn parked next to me today at lunch i was really digging the OEM look for a base to retrofit.

http://static.usnews.rankingsandrevi...46/img_043.jpg

Maybe his are not Astra retrofits, but they sure look like it.

Also, if it is not to difficult of a retrofit to get the Astra lights, can you retrofit a Bi-Xenon system into them like the FX-R kit from The Retrofit Source.

The Retrofit Source (U.S.) - HID Projector Retrofit Kits, Retrofit and HID Componenents, Projectors Lens, Wiring Harnesses, Shrouds and more!

i would rather have an HID for both the low and high beams, then use the old High beam for the Flash to Pass. Any Pictures or info would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Viper33884 Send a message via MSN to Viper33884 Send a message via Yahoo to Viper33884
Most are all retro's...I've seen one build in progress where he is making them look that way but not just doing a quick swap.

And as for high beam HIDs, gonna be a really expensive set-up for a quick flash. My HIDs take about 5-10secs to fully warm up so no flash from me. And mine were $130 a set. I think from the same vendor it would have been almost $200 for a faster warm up Ballast or was is the bulb? Can't remember?

Ryan aka Viper33884 | '06 Cobalt SS 2.4L | Userbars.com Admin
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

My mistake on the typing, i meant to say i would use the halogen high beams bulbs for the flash to pass, but after looking at them it looks like it has an OEm bi-xenon setup already. maybe i can modify the daytime running light for a FTP.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Viper33884 Send a message via MSN to Viper33884 Send a message via Yahoo to Viper33884
Ah ok that makes more sense, and a lot of the HIDs you can guy come with a HID low and halogen high. But like you said the Bi-Xenon (what I have only single) come in hi/low format...but a little more expensive.

Also if your looking for quicker charge times look into a 55watt ballast.

Ryan aka Viper33884 | '06 Cobalt SS 2.4L | Userbars.com Admin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode