How to Install OEM Fog Lights? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

How to Install OEM Fog Lights?

Hi there, I have a 07 LT, and I have the removable grille inserts on my bumper. I recently purchased the wiring harness, the switch for the fog lights in the trim piece, and the new grille bezel inserts, as well as the fog lights. Now the question is, how do I do it? Any help would be appreciated! Chevrolet told me that it is easy to plug the wiring harness into the main one, but I have no clue where to even look for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Veteran

You can plug them into the wire harness, but I ran them to a switch. To me that was easier then to wire them to the harness. Should only take you 2 hours tops if you take your time and do it right.

Injen CAI/SRI Intake/2.25" Custom Catback Exhaust/Eibach Sportline Springs/17" Drag Concept Rim/ARK Shorty Antenna/Black Out Tail Lights, Side Markers, 3rd Break Light
2006 Black LS
Old 11-04-2009, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Wouldn't it just be easier to plug it into the OEM wiring harness for the car since it should have the plug in on it already? I am hoping the the plug for the OEM switch is on the harness too. I don't know what is on it and what isn't.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT. Sport Red, moonroof, HID headlights & fog lights. 35% tinted windows, 6 CD deck, chrome door handles.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:19 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by deereclaasman View Post
Wouldn't it just be easier to plug it into the OEM wiring harness for the car since it should have the plug in on it already? I am hoping the the plug for the OEM switch is on the harness too. I don't know what is on it and what isn't.
depending on your model, the wiring for the OEM fog switch should already be in the harness, this was the case for my model (09 LT) its the only plug not plugged into anything on the left side.

As far as the rest I honestly don't know where the OEM hookup is for the fogs themselves. I always wanted some, but my bumper is all one piece, and don't want to buy a different one just yet.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Veteran

Yes, it would be easier. If you already have the wiring it will be simple, but I didn't have it so I had to run wires for my switch. You have the LT model so there is a good chance that you already have wiring.

Injen CAI/SRI Intake/2.25" Custom Catback Exhaust/Eibach Sportline Springs/17" Drag Concept Rim/ARK Shorty Antenna/Black Out Tail Lights, Side Markers, 3rd Break Light
2006 Black LS
Old 11-04-2009, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Damn, I hope not. Haha I bought the $120 fog light wiring harness from Chevrolet already. Kind of a expensive deal. I have a late model 2007 LT. You got the shaft since you have the one piece bumper, and mines is pop out fog light grilles. But thanks for at least giving me a area to start looking for the plug. On the driver side, is it in the cab, or under the hood/fender area? Thanks a lot guys.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT. Sport Red, moonroof, HID headlights & fog lights. 35% tinted windows, 6 CD deck, chrome door handles.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Yeah I wanted to get some frog lights, but I got the damn one piece bumper too.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Veteran

I don't know have the LS bumper on my car. I replaced it with the SS/NA bumper.

2006 Black LS
Old 11-04-2009, 12:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by deereclaasman View Post
Damn, I hope not. Haha I bought the $120 fog light wiring harness from Chevrolet already. Kind of a expensive deal. I have a late model 2007 LT. You got the shaft since you have the one piece bumper, and mines is pop out fog light grilles. But thanks for at least giving me a area to start looking for the plug. On the driver side, is it in the cab, or under the hood/fender area? Thanks a lot guys.
Well you could say I got shafted, but honestly, it looks soo much sleeker w/o the pop outs. yea, the plug is right next to the dimmer for the interior lights (on the left side paneling)

Take some pictures of your experience so I can decide if I wanna do this or not.
GOOD LUCK!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Runbigmama-

Thank you for notifying me about the switch in the wiring harness! I just got that plugged in and now my fog light switch is illuminated. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement