SS High Rise Spoiler on 09 LS - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to thecashier
Cool SS High Rise Spoiler on 09 LS

Theres a vendor selling SS Cobalt High Rise Spoilers (schram auto if memory serves), but anywho the deal was too good to pass up so i bought mine off his eBay store ($129 factory OEM black, new, with shrink wrap still on it). A few people i talked to said it would look as great as it would if my car was lowered and had nicer tires/rims but i went ahead anyways.

Thoughts?

I could write up a DIY on installing a spoiler the proper way, I looked on the DIY page but no threads on it, if anyone requests it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 04:11 PM
HTx
Forum Regular

Garage
Looks really good man. I hate those style of hub caps tbh...if you could find some nicer rims, or hell even some of the other type of hubcaps for the 'balt, it would prolly look good.

Lowering is probably something that people always suggest, but honestly I think the rims are the main concern right now.

post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 04:11 PM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
props to you for being different, one thing tho, U really should lower it. Good job on the install!

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Veteran

I think it would look better if you car was lowered, also you really need to complete the look with the full SS kit, it will flow better IMO.

Injen CAI/SRI Intake/2.25" Custom Catback Exhaust/Eibach Sportline Springs/17" Drag Concept Rim/ARK Shorty Antenna/Black Out Tail Lights, Side Markers, 3rd Break Light
2006 Black LS
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 04:21 PM
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to LSlowBalt
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

thanks for the comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BlackLS View Post
I think it would look better if you car was lowered, also you really need to complete the look with the full SS kit, it will flow better IMO.
i've been lookin for an SS bumper, but not too many irresponaible kids (rear end damage), or junkyards that have the bumper in stock.

altho i do like the look of mine after i modded the bottom, looks somethin like the SS bumper (the hole that is lol)

post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecashier View Post
thanks for the comments

i've been lookin for an SS bumper, but not too many irresponaible kids (rear end damage), or junkyards that have the bumper in stock.

altho i do like the look of mine after i modded the bottom, looks somethin like the SS bumper (the hole that is lol)

There is one on ebay check it out.
CHEVROLET COBALT FRONT BUMPER GENUINE PRIMED W/RN 07 09:eBay Motors (item 200397510723 end time Nov-21-09 14:01:29 PST)

Injen CAI/SRI Intake/2.25" Custom Catback Exhaust/Eibach Sportline Springs/17" Drag Concept Rim/ARK Shorty Antenna/Black Out Tail Lights, Side Markers, 3rd Break Light
2006 Black LS
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Forum Regular

its looks good. I wanted to get a black balt but got a silver instead
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

holy ****, thats a nice deal primed and free shipping...hmm i just got paid yesterday. might have to buy that, nice find

but theres a trade off to a black balt, anything and everything shows up on it, little scratches, bugs, bird shit u name it. butttt black balts are sexy as **** in my opinion lol
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecashier View Post
holy ****, thats a nice deal primed and free shipping...hmm i just got paid yesterday. might have to buy that, nice find

but theres a trade off to a black balt, anything and everything shows up on it, little scratches, bugs, bird shit u name it. butttt black balts are sexy as **** in my opinion lol
Yes, black is my favorite color when it comes to cars. I have the SS font bumper on my LS with fog lights and I love the way it looks. I just need to finish it with the rear bumper and front and rear lip. I already have my sidskirts.

2006 Black LS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
cobalt , high rise , spoiler , xfe

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode