Shaved Door Handles - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Shaved Door Handles

was digging around online for some things that I could do to my car without completely breaking the bank. The shaved door handles popped up in my head and I really like the idea of them. I was wondering if anyone here has done it, and if so what size solenoids did you guys use? have to decide that so i dont get a solenoid too small. If i can manage to get this done fairly soon, which the only problem I can see is the gap in the door where the door handles are going to be removed, but that's why I have someone who works at a body shop in my family haha. Let me know what you guys think and if anyone has experience with this. THanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 06:01 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
If you decide to shave the handles, make sure you get HIGH quality equipment. I had a friend who went cheap when he did his truck and in the cold his doors would not open, the solenoids wouldnt work below about 35 degrees.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

oh trust me, there will be much research done before any purchasing happens. I will get estimates on filling in and repainting the doors, and all the solenoids. The problem is going to be that my car is a sedan, so I am going to have to do it on all four doors, but I will have to wire a custom remote so that i can open them all on one remote instead of carrying two remotes.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 06:36 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
I think they sell 4 position remotes for people who want to have multiple remote options.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode