Underglow Install Question - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Underglow Install Question

Ok, so my LEDGlow kit came in wendsday, and im using my day off tomorrow to work on getting them installed. I know like two or three people on here have them done, so i was wondering where you wired them into, where you put the control box, and what you used for hooking them into the car. Any help is appreciated, thanks everyone. Pics will be up hopefully tomorrow night!

My 'Balt, Camryn, is my baby. She's a black '09 LT 2.2L with the performance appearance package. I believe that if you take care of your car your car will take care of you.
Currently: Predator Pedals, GM logos gone, blacked out bowties, green interior neons, green LEDGlow, 2x 12" Kicker L7's subwoofer, kicker speakers, Pioneer avic f700bt, Konig Unkown's (17's), Tints

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 06:09 AM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
yeah i was just wondering from experiance where people placed the box and all that

My 'Balt, Camryn, is my baby. She's a black '09 LT 2.2L with the performance appearance package. I believe that if you take care of your car your car will take care of you.
Currently: Predator Pedals, GM logos gone, blacked out bowties, green interior neons, green LEDGlow, 2x 12" Kicker L7's subwoofer, kicker speakers, Pioneer avic f700bt, Konig Unkown's (17's), Tints

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 06:12 AM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
i hear ya!

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Forum God

Didn't u pm me about this? Lol
put the box under the headlight bracket, passenger side. An use metal zip ties to install the led tubes. U may have to drill some holes on the front an back of the car. The sides are easy

Dropped Carbon Fiber SS, Project JDM

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailcesar75 View Post
Didn't u pm me about this? Lol
put the box under the headlight bracket, passenger side. An use metal zip ties to install the led tubes. U may have to drill some holes on the front an back of the car. The sides are easy
yeah im just a bit confused

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp55 View Post
yeah im just a bit confused
I put my control box on the fuse box under the dash, good place 4 it and the remote works at most angles etc. Of course shortly after, I took the control box off completely and just went with solid color. Also, I grounded the negative under the hood (anywhere) then ran the red wire into my dash to a switch. Then the other side of the switch to the ACC wire(instead you can go straight to the fuse box it's prolly easier). Any other questions? the install should be fun!!!
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
i wanna keep the box until i decide if it blows or not. and i'm not guna use a switch if i dont pull the box, i'll just use the remote. now what would u suggest?

side note, this is what i got http://www.ledunderbody.com/Green-LE...hting-Kit.aspx

Last edited by djp55; 12-04-2009 at 10:57 AM.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp55 View Post
i wanna keep the box until i decide if it blows or not. and i'm not guna use a switch if i dont pull the box, i'll just use the remote. now what would u suggest?

side note, this is what i got Green LEDGlow 4pc Wireless LED Underbody Neon Lighting Kit
Same thing. Put the box somewhere under the hood (I had mine on top of the fuse box) but instead, wire the box' red wire to the battery terminal in front (but this option will make it so you can have your neons on with your car off) if you want your kit to turn off with your car so that you don't ever forget it and leave it on (especially during the day) then hook the red wire up to the fuse box under the dash inside the car. Those would be the best options. You might be able to find a fuse under the hood fuse box that turns off with the acc wire alsol, but not 100% sure on our cars. Anyone confirm this for me? and any other questions djp?

P.S. damn they made their control boxes nicer since I bought mine. remotes are more or less the same though. Tubes are identical to mine.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
so the wires from the tubes go to the box and the box to the batt terminal?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode