Where Have You Bought Touch Up Paint From? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
Where Have You Bought Touch Up Paint From?

So I scratched and dented a fender a while ago, and have neglected to touch up the paint that came off. In a very small speck, it went past the base coat and onto the bare metal in a 2-3mm space.

Just 2 days ago I pulled an off roading stunt on the highway crossing a mud bog to get off the highway because of extreme traffic conditions, and I came off a 4 inch curb and put 4 very little nicks in my bumper- can't leave all of the issues, especially the fender unaddressed.

So, what are some sites with good pricing that sell authentic GM paint for our cars? Don't feel like getting ripped off locally for it. Also, I'd probably need to do a coat of clear on top of the touch up paint, any suggestions?

Thanks guys and gals,

Tom.

(BTW I did a forum and google search on this, there are tons of sites- I just want something that I won't get ripped off with and is authentic).. Looking for Summit White.

^^<==---___-A_m_e_r_i_c_a_n M_u_s_c_l_e-___---==>^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Yay go me
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

advanceauto parts

My sig thanks to Gcobalt
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 01:06 PM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni

Send a message via AIM to XFE
to get color matched paint...i got to napa...or any other autobody parts store that can mix paint. mine cost under $20 to mix up a little can....can't remember the size sorry.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
That doesn't sound bad, I wonder if the guys at Strauss or Autozone do that here? I have no NAPA or Advance Auto around here , but I guess worth a shot. On monday I'll swing by, that is unless I'm in CT buying a 95 Firebird Formula I'm supposed to go check out really soon .

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 01:35 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
Advance auto parts has the best selction of the little pen type touch up for chips and O'Relly's can make different sizes that will come closest to match your paint for bigger issues.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via AIM to youthminguy
i got lucky the dealership mailed me a little kit with the touch up paint about six months after i got the car.

'08 coupe special edition, blue bowties, red streetglow footwell LED's, red razo race pedals, custom build SRI, pioneer avh-p3100dvd headunit, shorty antenna, Kicker 07DS600 speakers, cobalt 3rd brake light decal
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
^ Yeah I've heard people on the forums have gotten that... Wtf we got the car from the biggest dealer in the city- so I would think I'd get something like that too. We've only owned the car for 5 months, so maybe I should give them a call if we should even expect one- or if they provide something like that at all.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Forum Regular

i just bout some from the dealership where i bought my balt. it was like the containers you see at autozone or walmart. it was the exact color and total was $12.52.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode