Need Opinion on LED Tail Lights - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Need Opinion on LED Tail Lights

I am buying LED tail lights for the boyfriends 06 cobalt ss coupe for christmas and since I can't find any pictures of these installed I would like opinions on which ones look better. If anyone has pictures of these installed can you please post them for me? Also would you suggest doing the reverse lights as LED's as well.

Here is option #1 (I am leaning more towards this one)


Option #2

Option #3
aadams is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner


 
GBALT05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kennesaw, GA [ATL]
Posts: 6,103
Garage
Send a message via AIM to GBALT05
if the middle two stick out farther than the stock, i say no.
[cant tell in the pics.]

id say option 1 out of those

Last edited by GBALT05; 12-07-2009 at 09:46 AM.
GBALT05 is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 489
Option 2
darklide is offline  
 
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:43 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerCobalt Master


 
ff_drift_lol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: lawn guyland
Posts: 1,890
the clear ones look terrible I've seen them on a few cars. they stick out really far. option 1 looks cool though!

ff_drift_lol is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Cobalt Specialist
 
bchongarski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,324
Garage
^^^ Same, I dont like how the middele reverse lights stick out


GM STAGE 1 :
bchongarski is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff_drift_lol View Post
the clear ones look terrible I've seen them on a few cars. they stick out really far. option 1 looks cool though!
The first set comes with the reverse lights if they stick out too far he can always not use them.
aadams is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Cobalt Specialist
 
bchongarski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,324
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadams View Post
The first set comes with the reverse lights if they stick out too far he can always not use them.
yeah but if he use his stock reverse lights and the led tails - it will look strange to me


GM STAGE 1 :
bchongarski is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Contributor
 
ADIDASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Midland, Michigan
Posts: 280
Garage
Send a message via AIM to ADIDASS Send a message via Yahoo to ADIDASS
What color is the car? I personally like option 3, because I was going to nightshade them. They are the most expensive though. Even though some people say they have problems with them. I'm not sure because I haven't experienced them. If money wasn't an issue, I'd get the the third set, because the reverse lights are LED's as well. The other two options I don't believe have LED reverse lights.

All-in-all, I think the best option would be option 1. They are simple yet stylish. They don't stick out as far as option 3 and they resemble option 3 the closest.

Black 2009 SS/TC|20% Tint|Ark Shorty Antenna|Customized License Plate Cover|Customized Front Bowtie|Weathertech Vent Visors|3rd Generation Projectors w/ 6k HID's|IPCW LED Tails|3rd Brake Light Mod w/ Vinyl Overlay|Reflective Black SS Inlays|Nightshaded Side Markers|E-brake Mod|Redlinegoods Shifter/E-brake Boots|AVIC-Z110BT Headunit|Di-Noc 3M Dry Carbon Fiber Trim|Armrest w/ Cover|MRZ "Cobalt SS" Door Sills|K&N Drop-in Filter|GMS1|Goodyear Eagle GT AS Tires|
ADIDASS is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchongarski View Post
yeah but if he use his stock reverse lights and the led tails - it will look strange to me
thats what I think too which is why I think I am going to buy the first set they are the only ones that come with the reverse lights, that I have found, but if he doesnt like him then he has the option to not use them.
aadams is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADIDASS View Post
What color is the car? I personally like option 3, because I was going to nightshade them. They are the most expensive though. Even though some people say they have problems with them. I'm not sure because I haven't experienced them. If money wasn't an issue, I'd get the the third set, because the reverse lights are LED's as well. The other two options I don't believe have LED reverse lights.

All-in-all, I think the best option would be option 1. They are simple yet stylish. They don't stick out as far as option 3 and they resemble option 3 the closest.
His car is silver and from what I have found all three are priced around the same I found all of them on sale.
aadams is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome