Retrofit Headlights - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Retrofit Headlights

Just got my HID kit so I finally got around to installing my FXR retrofit headlights. I'm running 35w 5000k HIDs and switchback LED turn signals.

They are amazing!! Crazy thanks to blownSS06 for making them, absolutely worth the money over those Ebay specials. The only problem is I'm not totally sure I aimed them right, check out the cutoff and let me know what I need to do.

Any questions, comments or otherwise and I'll be more then happy to help you out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Forum God

WOW nice! this is making me wanna do my retrofits sooner! how long did it take you? they look real good. I might hit you up with questions this summer when I'm doing mine :D
PS where'd you buy all your stuff at?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Newcomer

Looks good

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Contributor

It's no fun when someone with bright blue lights is behind me. Don't know what it is about bright blue that folks like. They're much to bright.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegs View Post
It's no fun when someone with bright blue lights is behind me. Don't know what it is about bright blue that folks like. They're much to bright.
oh get outta here.

plenty of stock headlight cars have blinded me just as bad or WORSE. hate ppl always complaining bout HID's.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Hey BboyTaktix, I didn't actually make them. I had them made by a guy who goes by BlownSS06, not sure if he's on this forum though. He does amazing work though.

And keegs, Sorry you don't like them but I bet these blind people less then when I was running the same HID kit in my stock headlights lol. They shouldn't be too blue, I mean they are 5000k... that's supposed to be just plain white.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 07:44 PM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
Looks sick man!

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Forum God

I wasn't sure how they'd look in the housing but they look awesome
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 08:07 PM
I cut stuff
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I'm not a fan of retrofitting the stock housings but no matter what that is a nice setup! can you take a pic of the car from further back so I can see those lights you have down low along with the the headlights. like so I can get the whole picture of the setup? I like the idea of your lights down low. are those just an LED strip?

oh and it looks like you might have them aimed way too low. but it depends on how far away you are parked in that pic. I think if you look in the owners manual it says how to aim the lights. I think you need to park the car about 25 feet from the garage door/wall and then aim them up 2 feet from the ground at the door/wall.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Here is a pic of how mine are aimed for reference. Mine are gen 4's but still projectors so it should be the same. the car is parked pretty close in the pic but I aimed them according to what I said above.

Last edited by blazerlow; 04-27-2010 at 08:10 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Ok, so I raised them up about 6 inches... aimed at my impala they are just above the wheel wells and below the windows from about 20-25 feet away. Yea the "fog lights", which do nothing in the fog btw, are just a LED strip i got off oznium.com. The look pretty good, I'm gonna get some thinner ones when these burn/break so they aren't as noticeable when they are turned off.

Last edited by Lankysean; 04-27-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode