Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walmart Neons....

2K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  ninja1990 
#1 ·
Sooooooo has anyone baught the footwell neons from walmart? I baught them today...28 bucks for 2...they plug into the cigarette lighter....they sure as heck don't look very bright there...it is mid-day..sunny outside so ya...gonna have to wait until dark to test em out. They are probably gonna be crap...

#8 ·
LOOOOOOOOOOOL ya these things are a joke...I plug it in...I was driving around for awhile...and then my dash lights turn off and all my Gauge's just turn off aswell....and then the "alarm" light thing on the dash turns on...the car with the lock on it...and I don't even have an alarm or anything...WTF. My gauge's only turn off for like..2 seconds but still...terrible....Im thinking of ordering the 4 pc set for 39 bucks off ledglow.com....but Im in canada and im not sure how much duty will be and I don't like duty :( Maybe I'll try to find some in Canada....anyone know a Canadian site?

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Well I found a site in canada...for the ppl in canada its Street Fx - LED Vehicle Lighting - Cars, Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobiles, eBikes

#9 ·
i gotta agree about the LEDGlow ones. They are some of the best around, I've installed them in my car and like 5 other cars and they look great work great

#10 ·
NONO i ordered the interior kit from LEDglow. I live in Canada as well and taxes and duties are NOTHING and $39 is so cheap for this kit, it's amazing! I've used the same kit in 2 cars. They might actually be able to ship from Canada, I don't remember but it's possible they have a warehouse here....but either way buy from LEDglow, they're great

#12 ·
I bought walmart ones for my old car and they sucked hardcore... lol but you can just buy led strips for a couple bucks off ebay, they should be fine, i ordered two the other day, they are just like the ones i have in my car now from autozone, you can buy two 12 inch strips for 20 bucks, and i have one cut to put six inches in the footwells and they are bright, they look great

#13 ·
I had 2 walmart tubes in my old car for like 10 years, and haven't used them in like ten years but when I pulled them out of my old car the other day and plugged them in and they worked! I'm thinking of stickin them somewhere :p

#20 ·
i got ones from ledglow and they are nice! try cutting the cig lighter end off and hardwiring it to the cig lighter. might be better that way. just pull the panel off down by your feet and you should be able to feel where the wires are for the cig lighter and just tap into the hot and ground it to the metal framing thats under there.

#21 ·
And anything that has a cig lightr plug can be cut and spliced straight into your cars power. No need to use the ligjter plug thingy...

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

That includes lights, gps, power inverters, even car chargers for your phone...as long as there isn't anything in the plug that steps the voltage down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.