Walmart Neons.... - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Walmart Neons....

Sooooooo has anyone baught the footwell neons from walmart? I baught them today...28 bucks for 2...they plug into the cigarette lighter....they sure as heck don't look very bright there...it is mid-day..sunny outside so ya...gonna have to wait until dark to test em out. They are probably gonna be crap...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
Send a message via AIM to bbrewbaker
I seen them in Walmart and thought about them for a trunk light. But kinda figured being that Walmart sells them they might not be good.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrewbaker View Post
I seen them in Walmart and thought about them for a trunk light. But kinda figured being that Walmart sells them they might not be good.
Well I'll let you know how they turn out.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Forum God

Garage
I bought some before...theyre actually pretty bright

SOLD! 2.2 TURBOCHARGED. GT28 TURBO, 60# INJECTORS, WISECO PISTONS, EAGLE CONNECTING RODS, ZZP 3" DOWNPIPE, PACESETTER EXHAUST, K&N INTAKE, CUSTOM COLDSIDE PIPING, DEJON HOTSIDE PIPING, 2.4 INTAKE MANIFOLD,2.4 THROTTLE BODY, TRIFECTA TUNED.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Yay go me
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

there l.e.ds are bright but the neons suck

My sig thanks to Gcobalt
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Contributor

take them back and buy from LEDglow.com - a MUCH better kit is available for the same price.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqdhamster View Post
take them back and buy from LEDglow.com - a MUCH better kit is available for the same price.
yup thats where i ordered mine just waiting on it to be deliverd

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

LOOOOOOOOOOOL ya these things are a joke...I plug it in...I was driving around for awhile...and then my dash lights turn off and all my Gauge's just turn off aswell....and then the "alarm" light thing on the dash turns on...the car with the lock on it...and I don't even have an alarm or anything...WTF. My gauge's only turn off for like..2 seconds but still...terrible....Im thinking of ordering the 4 pc set for 39 bucks off ledglow.com....but Im in canada and im not sure how much duty will be and I don't like duty :( Maybe I'll try to find some in Canada....anyone know a Canadian site?

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Well I found a site in canada...for the ppl in canada its Street Fx - LED Vehicle Lighting - Cars, Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobiles, eBikes
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Veteran

Garage
i gotta agree about the LEDGlow ones. They are some of the best around, I've installed them in my car and like 5 other cars and they look great work great

My 'Balt, Camryn, is my baby. She's a black '09 LT 2.2L with the performance appearance package. I believe that if you take care of your car your car will take care of you.
Currently: Predator Pedals, GM logos gone, blacked out bowties, green interior neons, green LEDGlow, 2x 12" Kicker L7's subwoofer, kicker speakers, Pioneer avic f700bt, Konig Unkown's (17's), Tints

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Forum God

NONO i ordered the interior kit from LEDglow. I live in Canada as well and taxes and duties are NOTHING and $39 is so cheap for this kit, it's amazing! I've used the same kit in 2 cars. They might actually be able to ship from Canada, I don't remember but it's possible they have a warehouse here....but either way buy from LEDglow, they're great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode