New LED Problems - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
That's Mr. meogE to you.
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
New LED Problems

I bought a red interior LED kit from LEDglow.com. It got here today so I put up all the lights, hid the wires, and wired up the ground. The problem came when I plugged in the add-a-circuit they sent me with a four amp fuse in it. I tried to plug it in to an empty circuit and got no power to my lights, I plugged it in where there is a 2 amp fuse and it blew the two amp fuse, and I plugged it in where there was a 10 amp fuse and it blew it's 4 amp fuse. Keep in mind I have no idea what I am doing, am I making a stupid mistake or is there somehting wrong with the stuff I bought?

2006 Red Chevy Cobalt LT
mods: Kenwood DNX5140 Head Unit, HIDs, Halo headlights, LED taillights, Injen CAI, LSJ throttle body, 2.4L intake manifold, red interior LED's, TWM short shifter, custom fit red seat covers, red trim and door handles, SS gauge cluster, Racing Solution long tube header/downpipe, Corsa touring exhaust, lightweight crank and alternator pulleys, trifecta tune, 17" Motegi black rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Yay go me

try a 15 amp fuse it might not be high enough also read the instructions

My sig thanks to Gcobalt
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
That's Mr. meogE to you.

Garage
I read the instructions, they don't really say much. All they say is:Choose a fused source with at least a 10amp fuse for the kit. Adding anohter device such as this kit will overload and blow the fuse.

Edit: there is an inline fuse that it came with of five amps that hasn't blown yet.

Edit again: Just found better instructions on their website that say: Choose a fused source with at least a 10 amp fuse for the kit; anything less may blow the fuse with the kit installed and running.

2006 Red Chevy Cobalt LT
mods: Kenwood DNX5140 Head Unit, HIDs, Halo headlights, LED taillights, Injen CAI, LSJ throttle body, 2.4L intake manifold, red interior LED's, TWM short shifter, custom fit red seat covers, red trim and door handles, SS gauge cluster, Racing Solution long tube header/downpipe, Corsa touring exhaust, lightweight crank and alternator pulleys, trifecta tune, 17" Motegi black rims

Last edited by meogE; 05-19-2010 at 06:47 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Contributor

tap into your interior lights fuse.... find the fuse on the diagram in the fuse box, pull the fuse out, put the red wire in the hole, and put the fuse back in. it's very easy, and it is 10 amps. that's the set up i've had for months.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Newcomer

i taped in the interior light dimmer wire for my under dash LEDs, you really dont need a fuse for it.... Something might be wired wrong. Positives go to the fuse panel and the negatives go to the metal support under the middle of the dash. Try testing the LEDs on a drill battery to make sure they work.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
That's Mr. meogE to you.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqdhamster View Post
tap into your interior lights fuse.... find the fuse on the diagram in the fuse box, pull the fuse out, put the red wire in the hole, and put the fuse back in. it's very easy, and it is 10 amps. that's the set up i've had for months.
What amperage is the fuse you used for the LED's themselves?

2006 Red Chevy Cobalt LT
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
That's Mr. meogE to you.

Garage
I figured it out, a wire was cut and grounded, taped it and now they work great

2006 Red Chevy Cobalt LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode