Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyline Tail Light Build

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  blazerlow 
#1 ·
I'm making a set of hand made skyline tail lights, not just the inner tails either. These are going to be a complete set, inner and outer. I got so sick of not seeing what I wanted anywhere so I decided to make um. I got my first shipment of parts and I just slapped them together real quick. Keep in mind these are not even close to finished, the ring on the outer tail lights is way too small and I need to make it bigger before it looks right, but I need more parts before I can do that. Also the light bleeds a little more then I was hoping for so I gotta correct that too. There is gonna be a lot more work before I get these on my car but I just figured I would share my project. If I get the rest of my parts soon I can have these done and installed by next week.

Youtube link

And yes, I know my camera sucks... I need a new one bad but I keep spending money on my car!

Questions or comments are totally welcome!

See less See more
#7 ·
So... my wiring doesn't work. If anyone is good with electronics please PM me so I can get these things together so I can make up a how-to. Thanks!!!

#8 ·

Check it out! I got all my LED parts I needed to put these together. Here's a real quick mock up to keep you guys all interested. I have them all put together now... I got my rheostats and a ran into a bit of a problem, I need a 2 watt resistor but radioshack's max out at 1 watt, I could wire 2 together but I'd rather just get the ones I need and do it right the first time. So yea... I'm gonna have to order some resistors now (not from china this time, shipping takes to long) so I'm gonna have to push back my due date by a few extra days... but it's getting close!!

#10 ·
Got it figured out, at least I think I did... won't know for sure until I get them in the car but it seems good so far. I still need a few 3 watt resistors that I need to order tomorrow and a couple of diodes to keep everything from shorting. But I'm hoping I'll have these in and working by Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.