Interior Door Color - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Interior Door Color

so today i bought some paint and was going to try and paint my interior black but on the first spray i didnt like it because the one i chose didnt look anywhere near OEM. So i think i am going to just buy the panels because i'm not that artistic. HOWEVER, i was wanting to put power locks and windows in the car but that just seems out of reach and everywhere i call around they said its probably not a good idea. so i'm going to save my money for something else not to sure (any one have ideas on that ) but the real question is. since the rest of my interior will be bought black, do they make a black door panel for manual locks and windows? or is my only option is that i have to paint it ?

2006 ls laser metallic blue 5 speed. Injen CAI
35% tint sides 20% in rear.
Leather Recaro's seats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi55 View Post
so today i bought some paint and was going to try and paint my interior black but on the first spray i didnt like it because the one i chose didnt look anywhere near OEM. So i think i am going to just buy the panels because i'm not that artistic. HOWEVER, i was wanting to put power locks and windows in the car but that just seems out of reach and everywhere i call around they said its probably not a good idea. so i'm going to save my money for something else not to sure (any one have ideas on that ) but the real question is. since the rest of my interior will be bought black, do they make a black door panel for manual locks and windows? or is my only option is that i have to paint it ?
who said this and why? I'm gonna try to pick up OEM power window mechanisms from a junk yard and just put them in my door, attach them to some OEM switches (either off ebay or also from junkyard) and take the harness too to make it as OEM as possible. Hopefully I'll be able to find all the parts and make it work though

as for the door panels i'm not sure if they come in black or not. i have the lighter off-white/tan/gray color ones.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
all the junk yards around here told me that and the gm dealership here plus a few bigger places that i've called around too.. i think im just going to but a kit off ebay but idk how good they are.

2006 ls laser metallic blue 5 speed. Injen CAI
35% tint sides 20% in rear.
Leather Recaro's seats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode