Headlight Had Water In It. Now Want Some Halos - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Headlight Had Water In It. Now Want Some Halos

I came home from my cousins house in my dads truck and today saw the passenger headlight had fogged up on the inside of the cobalt. I was so mad! So me and my dad got the water out. Put some silicone around it. Let it dry some more, and we put it back on. Anyway, not too sure how long it will last. Hopefully the rest of the time I have the lights but now I want some projectors. I saw in the sticky thread and gen 2 look best to me. Is there a website you guys might know of that sell them with weather proof seal so they don't fog up? Come with the projector lights? and reasonable price? There is just so many websites for headlights and I have no idea where to look. Any help would make my headache go away. I recently got my wisdom teeth pulled and they were just getting better and now my headlight is messed up. Will life ever go smoothly? I hope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 06:08 PM
That's Mr. meogE to you.
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I like my gen 2's made by Anzo USA, never had any problems with them fogging up. The lows are projectors, just remember if you buy HID's for them the lows are H7 and the highs are H1 bulbs. I bought H7 for the highs and when I turn them on there is light everywhere except on the road.

2006 Red Chevy Cobalt LT
mods: Kenwood DNX5140 Head Unit, HIDs, Halo headlights, LED taillights, Injen CAI, LSJ throttle body, 2.4L intake manifold, red interior LED's, TWM short shifter, custom fit red seat covers, red trim and door handles, SS gauge cluster, Racing Solution long tube header/downpipe, Corsa touring exhaust, lightweight crank and alternator pulleys, trifecta tune, 17" Motegi black rims
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Do gen 2 that come with light bulbs have low and high beam lights. I'm only 17 and don't make a whole lot of money to get headlights and light bulbs. I hate being a noob about this stuff.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 06:29 PM
That's Mr. meogE to you.

Garage
the ones I bought had normal light bulbs yes, the HID's you have to buy the kit.

2006 Red Chevy Cobalt LT
mods: Kenwood DNX5140 Head Unit, HIDs, Halo headlights, LED taillights, Injen CAI, LSJ throttle body, 2.4L intake manifold, red interior LED's, TWM short shifter, custom fit red seat covers, red trim and door handles, SS gauge cluster, Racing Solution long tube header/downpipe, Corsa touring exhaust, lightweight crank and alternator pulleys, trifecta tune, 17" Motegi black rims
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Ok thanks for that info. Now I need to find me a good set that don't cost too much. Any websites you know of?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 07:09 PM
That's Mr. meogE to you.

Garage
2006 Chevy Cobalt Anzo Headlights, Anzo USA Head Lights
that's where i got mine

2006 Red Chevy Cobalt LT
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 07:38 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
just bought some gen 3 ones from ebay for 160 shipped. installing them on monday.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 07:48 PM
That's Mr. meogE to you.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3y92 View Post
just bought some gen 3 ones from ebay for 160 shipped. installing them on monday.
Do they have halo's? Are they plug and play or do you ave to wire the halo's up?

2006 Red Chevy Cobalt LT
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Thats the only place I hate to buy. I don't really care a whole lot for buying off ebay..
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 08:04 PM
That's Mr. meogE to you.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBalt10 View Post
Thats the only place I hate to buy. I don't really care a whole lot for buying off ebay..
Don't quote me because I've never bought ebay headlights, but I've heard that ebay headlights with halo's require wiring. I don't have a clue when it comes to that stuff so I made sure my headlights were plug and play.

2006 Red Chevy Cobalt LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode