GMPP Ground Effects Lip Kit Installed W/ Pics! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
GMPP Ground Effects Lip Kit Installed W/ Pics!

Well I recently installed the GM (PP?) factory ground effects lip kit yesterday, snapped a few pics today. Sorry for the dirty car didn't wash it yet since it was raining alot recently.

I noticed there aren't really any pictures of this kit on the site and limited at best on others.

The kit comes prepainted in black, red, blue, silver and unpainted. The unpainted one is cheaper.

Oh and spare me the "lower it" stuff, I know I need it, but I'm waiting for warranty to expire and I need to survive winter. I think the wheel gap looks horrid, but you know I need to drive this everyday!

MODS: GMPP "Performance" cat-back, GMPP intake, GMPP extrude honed header, GMPP ground effects kit, lip spoiler, gen 4 headlights, DC sport strut tower brace, splitter, vortex generators, motegi SP10, Iridium spark plugs, ractive aluminum pedals, white carbon shift knob, shorty antenna, 4300K HID low beams (screw electricals warranty)

by gCobalt05

Last edited by loco_stevie; 08-08-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Forum God

Garage
needs fogs..lhaha..I like the rear lip

SOLD! 2.2 TURBOCHARGED. GT28 TURBO, 60# INJECTORS, WISECO PISTONS, EAGLE CONNECTING RODS, ZZP 3" DOWNPIPE, PACESETTER EXHAUST, K&N INTAKE, CUSTOM COLDSIDE PIPING, DEJON HOTSIDE PIPING, 2.4 INTAKE MANIFOLD,2.4 THROTTLE BODY, TRIFECTA TUNED.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Crispino
i like that alot! whats the website for it?! =)

Living with a conscience is like driving a car with the brakes on.
- Budd Schulberg

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
looks great minus the 4x4 factor haha
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowbalt View Post
needs fogs..lhaha..I like the rear lip
I actually really want fogs!!! but alas no one makes a good kit for it. The newer balts don't even have removable side-fake-vents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispino View Post
i like that alot! whats the website for it?! =)
www.crateenginedepot.com, but be warned speak to greg or tom, GM is offically out of the prepainted black kit. I bought the last on in their US warehouse and it's sold out in Canada. I can't speak for the other colours though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myers31 View Post
looks great minus the 4x4 factor haha
I know, I know, but I have since decided that 12.5lbs wheel are much better for acceleration and fuel economy. The handling/visual benefits is not justifiable, in my opinion, for the ladder minuses.

MODS: GMPP "Performance" cat-back, GMPP intake, GMPP extrude honed header, GMPP ground effects kit, lip spoiler, gen 4 headlights, DC sport strut tower brace, splitter, vortex generators, motegi SP10, Iridium spark plugs, ractive aluminum pedals, white carbon shift knob, shorty antenna, 4300K HID low beams (screw electricals warranty)

by gCobalt05
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
Send a message via AIM to bbrewbaker
Looks good.
I like those wheels.
They would look even better black.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrewbaker View Post
Looks good.
I like those wheels.
They would look even better black.
Thanks, I remembered when I bought them, it was available in black, but it had a weird silver ring inside (unpainted). So I took the hyperblacks instead. But yeah it would look better though... so I just have to get my lazy ass to do it this winter.... But at least they are the lightest in that price range. I think the 18" versions only weigh 19lbs, which is pretty darn good for a 150$(18") wheel.

by gCobalt05
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
i'm sorry but lower it lol, i'm too distracted by the wheel gap

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
oh and here from a C&D article on wheels, for some scientific no BS plus size benefits and drawbacks...

by gCobalt05
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 06:18 PM
I cut stuff
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
looks nice!

and I drive mine everyday in MN and it's low.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode