Problem with HID Fogs/Headlights - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ADIDASS Send a message via Yahoo to ADIDASS
Problem with HID Fogs/Headlights

So, I hooked up my HID fogs the other night, and they worked! And tonight when I went to show my fiance the fog lights, the passenger side didn't turn on... it would just flicker a bit then go out like it was trying to come on.. so I had her try the lights again and it finally stayed on... weird... so I continued to try them off and on, off and on, and the passenger side just kept flickering. It was weird because it sounded like a boom going through my speakers in my car. Not a loud boom but a distinct, repetative one. So I said weird again and went to try to hook up my headlight harness, adjusted a few things and passenger side headlight was doing the same thing as the fog lights. Now I'm really confused! What is going on with my car? To cap it all off, my DIC says to SVC about everything! AND the car won't start. It just clicks and shows the Check Engine and Sercurity light on when I try to start it.... What did I do wrong? Or what is wrong? Any ideas?

Black 2009 SS/TC|20% Tint|Ark Shorty Antenna|Customized License Plate Cover|Customized Front Bowtie|Weathertech Vent Visors|3rd Generation Projectors w/ 6k HID's|IPCW LED Tails|3rd Brake Light Mod w/ Vinyl Overlay|Reflective Black SS Inlays|Nightshaded Side Markers|E-brake Mod|Redlinegoods Shifter/E-brake Boots|AVIC-Z110BT Headunit|Di-Noc 3M Dry Carbon Fiber Trim|Armrest w/ Cover|MRZ "Cobalt SS" Door Sills|K&N Drop-in Filter|GMS1|Goodyear Eagle GT AS Tires|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Forum God

*check my post in Arman's thread. :D
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
What fuse should I be checking? I know my DRL fuse is burned out but would that be causing that?

Black 2009 SS/TC|20% Tint|Ark Shorty Antenna|Customized License Plate Cover|Customized Front Bowtie|Weathertech Vent Visors|3rd Generation Projectors w/ 6k HID's|IPCW LED Tails|3rd Brake Light Mod w/ Vinyl Overlay|Reflective Black SS Inlays|Nightshaded Side Markers|E-brake Mod|Redlinegoods Shifter/E-brake Boots|AVIC-Z110BT Headunit|Di-Noc 3M Dry Carbon Fiber Trim|Armrest w/ Cover|MRZ "Cobalt SS" Door Sills|K&N Drop-in Filter|GMS1|Goodyear Eagle GT AS Tires|

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADIDASS View Post
What fuse should I be checking? I know my DRL fuse is burned out but would that be causing that?
I would try replacing the DRL fuse. I did have the exact same problem from the sounds of it. But there should be a fuse for each side of the headlights, and possibly for each side of fog light as well (I don't have fog lights) your foglights are HID as well right?
the fuse box cover will have a diagram, and should say which fuse is for which headlight and which side etc. Check it once it's light outside so you have good visibility. good luck! keep us updated
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
My main question is, why is my car saying to SVC everything and not starting?

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Forum God

Quote:
My main question is, why is my car saying to SVC everything and not starting?
your car's not starting?....hmmm. that's weird...wouldnt be a dead battery woudlt it?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Nope, otherwise I wouldn't have my other lights on.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Forum God

Quote:
Nope, otherwise I wouldn't have my other lights on.
hmm well if it's not the fuses and your car's not starting then I have no idea...you didn't short anything? check the fuses in the car as well.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

oh and do you have an aftermarket alarm? it's a longshot but if so try disconnecting power from it. it happened to me with my old alarm. that's about the last idea I have. I'm heading to bed, i'll check for updates in the morning. hope you find out what it is, sorry I can't help much more!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
No I don't have an aftermarket alarm, but my car did this crap once before and I jump started the car, even though the battery wasn't dead, it was quite different. I think maybe a bad BCM? I guess I'll try giving it a jump in the morning... and see if that works. I will contact Matt if I can't figure it out as well, he might have a few suggestions.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Contributor

Send a message via MSN to arman14
Re-check all the wiring you did, and switch bulbs and see if the problems persists, I'd also check the battery and all the fuses.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode