Need to Replace Headlight. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Need to Replace Headlight.

So, the 2008 Cobalt I bought had a headlight that is collecting moisture inside. There is actually a little puddle building at the bottom if you look closely. I got a new bulb put in, but it quickly blew out. So, the entire headlight needs to be replaced. There are two different types of lights for this car and of course, my came with the more expensive one. Mine is an "Amber" light, for which the dealer is charging $350. The other light was $150. Obviously, I don't want to pay $350 for a light if I can get it for less. Do you have any online stores you recommend. The typical auto part stores don't seem to carry them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 05:18 PM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
Check our vendors

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 05:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
Check the local salvage yards, or you can try to seal it up. You should also check to see where it came from if you bought it used, or even new. It could have come from a flood area, or something else.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

I ended up buying it from go-parts.com. It's been shipped, but FedEx says it won't get here until September 13. I paid $90 for it including shipping. I hope it's good.

The car was bought used in Orlando from a Saturn dealer. The original purchase was in Orlando as well. It was a rental car.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 06:43 AM
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Eyesore
was it ur passenger side light? mine is filled with condensation too

Magnaflow Catback, Jet Performance Chip, B&M Shift+, 8000k bi-xenon H.I.Ds, and more
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Newcomer

I have a 2005 and both of my headlights have condensation on them and both had 'puddles' of water in them as well, I drilled a hole in each headlight because I was told that it might help with it but all it did was get rid of the water. I'm also looking to buy new headlights and tail lights...I'm thinking either halo ones or something smoked or black? Any suggestions where I could be able to find any?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Veteran

Garage
ive seen them fairly cheap on ebay. Im planning on getting one since my passenger side headlight is all crappy on the inside of it from water being trapped in there. By the time I opened it, dried it, and resealed it; it was too late

GpB311 Showoff Profile https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...ngeles-ca.html

You might also know me as Dick Thrusthumper...
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrienne View Post
I have a 2005 and both of my headlights have condensation on them and both had 'puddles' of water in them as well, I drilled a hole in each headlight because I was told that it might help with it but all it did was get rid of the water. I'm also looking to buy new headlights and tail lights...I'm thinking either halo ones or something smoked or black? Any suggestions where I could be able to find any?
Hope this is okay with the moderator's and vendors...

Chevy Cobalt Projector Headlights :: DashZRacing.com

The one's i'm looking at getting are at the very bottom of the page

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD, you always want to hit it but are afraid of the consequences
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Pull the headlights out, shove a hair dryer in there and turn it on, should remove the condensation and moisture, then seal it up using silicone and put it all back together after it dries...

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newf View Post
Hope this is okay with the moderator's and vendors...

Chevy Cobalt Projector Headlights :: DashZRacing.com

The one's i'm looking at getting are at the very bottom of the page
thanks (: those are pretty BA and those are at a resonable price too. Do you have stock tail lights or are you putting smoked ones in? And, if you are what ones are you using?

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
Pull the headlights out, shove a hair dryer in there and turn it on, should remove the condensation and moisture, then seal it up using silicone and put it all back together after it dries...
I'll try that until I get after market headlights. Any advice on how to get rid the greenish/yellow color the water made?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode