New Fender Stripe - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Eyesore
New Fender Stripe

So I went to the sign shop yesterday after work and asked for 2 fender stripes, he made me them and said have a great day (actually wanted him to do it but he was ready to close up), so I hurried home and decided to put them on. I started with the right side...it was a disaster, wrinkled like a s.o.b, so I ripped it back off. This morning I got up bright and early to go back and get another one made and have him put them both on. Got there and told him I needed another one, but he said he had to go do another job and come back in an hour and a half. I told him what had happened to mine and all he said was cut it in half ( again I'd have to do it myself ffs).Went back, wasn't there, drove around more and took my ex to the supermarket then went back to the sign shop. Still wasn't there. So I went to the ex-girlfriend's house and put the one I had left on my car with her help. Here's the pic (not sure if I'm gonna get another one made for the right side or not)

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

[IMG][/IMG]

Magnaflow Catback, Jet Performance Chip, B&M Shift+, 8000k bi-xenon H.I.Ds, and more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Contributor

Garage
Nice i like it how much did you pay for it ?
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
That sucks, but the one you have on looks excellent.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Expert

Garage
I paid $20 for 2, but now since I only have one I guess I should say that the one on my car cost $20 lol

Magnaflow Catback, Jet Performance Chip, B&M Shift+, 8000k bi-xenon H.I.Ds, and more
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Contributor

Garage
lol what happen how did it get wrinkled?
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Expert

Garage
Its almost 8 inches wide and quite stiff...I did it by myself outside in the wind (which didn't help matters) and it was hard to place it down straight and keep it from sticking out of place while at the same time trying to get it to stick at the top. When I went over the curves of the fender, the stripe kinda prematurely stuck to the fender without me noticing, so when I went over it with a putty knife to get it to stick to the fender, it kinda went on top of each other resulting in really bad wrinkles, like an old man's nutsack . There was nothing I could do to fix it but to rip it back off and do alot of cursing

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Forum God

looks good man
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyesore View Post
Its almost 8 inches wide and quite stiff...I did it by myself outside in the wind (which didn't help matters) and it was hard to place it down straight and keep it from sticking out of place while at the same time trying to get it to stick at the top. When I went over the curves of the fender, the stripe kinda prematurely stuck to the fender without me noticing, so when I went over it with a putty knife to get it to stick to the fender, it kinda went on top of each other resulting in really bad wrinkles, like an old man's nutsack . There was nothing I could do to fix it but to rip it back off and do alot of cursing

Uh...... you been spending time checking out old men's nutsacks?

Steve - Yellow '08 SS Tc -Manchester, NH *603Crew*
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Expert

Garage
I've heard stories from VONs

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Contributor

Garage
i did mine myself and i did them in sections so that it wasent too bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode