My HID Problem - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jnicks510
My HID Problem

first off, idk if this is the right section to post this, but here it goes. so i used to have 8k hids (no high beam) and they burnt out, so i got new 10k bulbs with high beams. i hooked everything up properly and what not, but now my head lights wont flash when i unlock the doors and when i push forward to turn on the high beams they turn off completely but when i pull back the high beams turn on. has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? sorry again if this is in the wrong section.

'08 MiBalt LT Sedan
Mods:
17" Konig Unknowns; Eibach Sportlines; Debadged; Custom Dash Trim (in the process of repainting); Shorty Antenna; Black Stock Headlights; 10k HIDs
SC BUILD COMING SOON!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Contributor

Garage
the high/low function might be a problem because the old basliks didnt have that also when flashing the lights not enough power might not be getting to the lights..... ummm with the high low flick the wireing might be backwards or again not getting enough power in a certain setting

Your civic looks good in my rear view mirror.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Eyesore
also check to see if its the right kit..u may have a 9004 bulb instead of the 9007...its a simple wire switch u have to do in the harness (think its the blue one that has to be switched with the white..please note don't quote me on the colours I'm not near my car, but I had to do that to mine cuz they sent me 9004s instead of 9007s)

Magnaflow Catback, Jet Performance Chip, B&M Shift+, 8000k bi-xenon H.I.Ds, and more

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

naw i have 9007s. i made sure i wired everything right, but for some reason they still dont work. im gonna try to disconnect the battery and try it again. maybe i just need a reset? idk, but this is somewhat of an annoyance you know. any other ideas?

'08 MiBalt LT Sedan
Mods:
17" Konig Unknowns; Eibach Sportlines; Debadged; Custom Dash Trim (in the process of repainting); Shorty Antenna; Black Stock Headlights; 10k HIDs
SC BUILD COMING SOON!!!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Expert

Garage
did u check ur ground for the ballasts? use sandpaper and scrape the paint off where u have it grounded, sometimes u may not have it as grounded as u thought (happened to me before with my 2 amps I had)

Magnaflow Catback, Jet Performance Chip, B&M Shift+, 8000k bi-xenon H.I.Ds, and more
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

didnt have a ground for them ?!?!? i mean my 8000ks worked before, but now nothing.

'08 MiBalt LT Sedan
Mods:
SC BUILD COMING SOON!!!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Expert

Garage
U never had to ground urs? I got mine grounded by my rad support, my ballasts are hidden on my bumper frame

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

nope. my ballasts are hidden under the head light bracket.

'08 MiBalt LT Sedan
Mods:
SC BUILD COMING SOON!!!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Expert

Garage
don't know what to tell ya man..thought it might be the mix up in wires (9004/9007) or the ground, but if urs never came with one it can't be that...sure it never came with one? There's the positive wire that goes to the positive pole from the fusebox, and there should be another wire for ur ground....did urs come with a fuse attached to the positive wire?

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Forum God

Hey eyesore what kinda hids u got? Seems like they're ancient. Lol most hid kits are plug n play. Nothing to ground or wire to battery

Dropped Carbon Fiber SS, Project JDM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode