Shift Knob Help - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
Shift Knob Help

Can anyone help me out and tell me if this will fit on a 2005 ls model coablt ?

Amazon.com: Pilot Automotive PM-120E Motorsport Nickel with Black Leather Manual Shift Knob: Gateway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 06:27 PM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
Yes

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 07:00 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
You can also get that at most auto parts stores, for about the same price.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 09:04 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
I have a question and I don't mean to jack this thread but if you buy a shift knob, universal or what not, will the boot still stay up? Bc isn't the shift knob what holds the boot up? Sorry if this is retarded sounding haha
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
yes it will fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevimac'sCobalt View Post
I have a question and I don't mean to jack this thread but if you buy a shift knob, universal or what not, will the boot still stay up? Bc isn't the shift knob what holds the boot up? Sorry if this is retarded sounding haha
well not really a stupid question actually. what i did at first to keep it up is just wrap electric tape right under the shift knob until it's thick enough to give enough friction to hold up the boot. It looks nice, but then with time the tape started to slide, so then i replaced it with a machined hard rubber/plastic hollow cylinder/tube. If you want i can try to find the specs again of ID and OD so it'll fit just right (tight enough so nothing will move)

MODS: GMPP "Performance" cat-back, GMPP intake, GMPP extrude honed header, GMPP ground effects kit, lip spoiler, gen 4 headlights, DC sport strut tower brace, splitter, vortex generators, motegi SP10, Iridium spark plugs, ractive aluminum pedals, white carbon shift knob, shorty antenna, 4300K HID low beams (screw electricals warranty)

by gCobalt05
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Staff Alumni

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco_stevie View Post
yes it will fit

well not really a stupid question actually. what i did at first to keep it up is just wrap electric tape right under the shift knob until it's thick enough to give enough friction to hold up the boot. It looks nice, but then with time the tape started to slide, so then i replaced it with a machined hard rubber/plastic hollow cylinder/tube. If you want i can try to find the specs again of ID and OD so it'll fit just right (tight enough so nothing will move)
Yea bud if you could do that it would be great.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco_stevie View Post
what i did at first to keep it up is just wrap electric tape right under the shift knob until it's thick enough to give enough friction to hold up the boot. It looks nice, but then with time the tape started to slide, so then i replaced it with a machined hard rubber/plastic hollow cylinder/tube. If you want i can try to find the specs again of ID and OD so it'll fit just right (tight enough so nothing will move)
I did the same thing, except i wrapped the electrical tape, put a little testor's model cement on it and worked the boot back and forth while pulling up. It's been on there for a couple of months, and is still like it should be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode