Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Tint Strip on My Rear Window?

5K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  YellowSS06 
#1 ·
I got my windows tinted like 3 years ago and never understood why this strip was here....does everyone have it?

I was planning on putting my 8 decals i get soon on the back but not across this strip of vinyl.

See less See more
#11 ·
well it proly is there bc ur window tint place didnt even feel like tinting the dots at all and prolly stoped the tint right before them. than put the vinyl on the outside to cover the non tinted spot.they should of done the same but put the vinyl on the inside.
it woulda looked cleaner.
if it was me i woud razor blade all that shit off and go to a tint shop and tell them to put vinyl on the inside.
or if your good enough diy.it will look alot cleaner than it on the outside

This post has been deleted
#15 ·
hahaha that is ghetto that they put it on the outside man.

The place that did my tint just tinted the dot matrix but it doesn't look all that perfect. It has a lifetime warranty so I'm thinking about calling them up and telling them I want vinyl on the INSIDE of my window up there.

#18 ·
Any way to totally get rid of the dots without screwing things up? OTOH, it kinda looks like the black crap around the inside of the window covers up the ends of the defroster element...might be a supreme fail to start scrapin'...

#19 ·
i have it on the outside sorta like that.. only thing different is that it goes all the way to the end of the window.. i dont care that they did it, the vinyl is very high quality so no complaints from me about it.

it looks better than the dot matrix not sticking & looking right and stuff imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.