Tabs Under Headlights - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Question Tabs Under Headlights

Well as some of you know, I have had problems with my headlights being lined up right and stuff. Ever since I ordered my blacked out headlights, the driver side headlight went fine, but when it came to the passenger side, the tabs under the headlight would not go in the slot of the headlight holder for nothing. Me being dumb, I dremel BOTH those tabs off. I can now get the headlight on no problem. Problem was with these clips gone, my headlight would move a little without them. So then I decide to dremel the tabs off the old headlight. The long tab under the old headlight I epoxied on the new headlight. It fit fine. So the short tab on the headlight must have been the problem. Well I wish I just cut the short tab off cause now that the long tab is just epoxied, I'm not sure how much longer it will stay glued cause there is this bridge I drive over frequently and it is terrible bumpy and I don't want it to shake loose. How can I get the tab to stay glued on better cause I wouldn't be surprised if it already broke off. Its a small problem but bothers the hell out of me. :(

Last edited by MyBalt10; 11-02-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:30 PM
I cut stuff
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
lol bad move. I actually filed my tabs very slightly to make them slide in easier.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Yeah should have thought awhile longer before I went cutting stuff. But I forgot to ask my question lol. Do you know of any way I can get them to stay better??

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:35 PM
I cut stuff
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
not really no. maybe plastic welding but I'm not sure. just roll with it and see if it holds. if not you just learned a lesson is all. not a huge big deal lol
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:37 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
Yea but its pretty redneck and involves drilling into the housing. Make some small aluminum brackets and attach to the headlight housing and then use those as the tabs.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Yeah I know. My dad always gives me a hard time if I have to learn the hard way. Thats why I haven't told him about it. But I saw this epoxy at lowes thats used specifically for plastics. I'll go ahead and buy that stuff and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnscobalt View Post
Yea but its pretty redneck and involves drilling into the housing. Make some small aluminum brackets and attach to the headlight housing and then use those as the tabs.
haha. No way am I drilling into them. I'll try this epoxy for plastics. I've had good luck with using epoxy before on other things and hopefully it won't let me down with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode