I Have a Question - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

I Have a Question

so i want to put another battary in my car to run thongs like my accessoriey extra stuff i put in,such as neons/fog lights/subs+amp/ect. i started to think about it and i thought it seemed like a good idea til i though of posible problems. The only thing i could think of as a proble would be how would i be able to keep it charged? I wouldnt wanna hook it up to the alternator with the battery for the car itself becuase i dont know how much that can hold and i really dont wanna pucs too much power on the cars electronics. so could there be another way such as somehow install another alternator or would i have to sit with a car charger every day or so to keep it charged?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
You either run two batteries wired together so both stay charged or you don't. I suggest you get a capacitor and high output alternator as well. Research ground loop isolator. I believe that is what it's called to run two batteries

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

ok,ill look it up,thanks. just i really wanna have all this stuff but i dont like it running through the battery to the car,dont ask y,i just dont,lol,but thanks,i just dont wanna run it through the stock alternator and screw up the whole car

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 08:27 AM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
Search the off road websites and magazines. They have what you need as off roaders have been doing that for years.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Cobalt Master

u wanna run thongs?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt08ls View Post
u wanna run thongs?
who doesnt? as long as theyre on a good lookin chick! lol

Sig by Padlock
Showoff thread
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
You either run two batteries wired together so both stay charged or you don't. I suggest you get a capacitor and high output alternator as well. Research ground loop isolator. I believe that is what it's called to run two batteries
You don't need a ground loop isolator for this case. Just take the second battery, put it right beside the stock battery, wire positive to positive and negative to negative. Use 0 gauge wire. Done. I would, however, suggest running two of the same batteries, since it's better for the batteries' life. Just buy two medium sized kinetik batteries or something.

BboyTaktix
- 2011 Plasma Blue pearl WRX STI sedan
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode