Coolant Tank Paint - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Coolant Tank Paint

So Ive been thinking about some other cheaper ways to add a little something to my engines look and one thing Ive noticed in pics of my engine bay is that the coolant tank looks like crap. The windshield wiper fluid tank(the part you can easily see) is also not much help in terms of "eye candy" either.

I havent brainstormed much in terms of color and or design, but I would like to try and do something. I know I can buy fancier caps/lids, but Id like to "upgrade" the tank or at least the looks of it if possible.

this is a side view of what my engine generally looks like now. ID like to try and do something with that ugly yellow brown tank if possible.

If I found a color/design which looked good, Id consider maybe even adding it to the brake fluid tank as well. Oh and yes, I know the fluid levels must also be visible. Any ideas or thoughts?

GpB311 Showoff Profile https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...ngeles-ca.html

You might also know me as Dick Thrusthumper...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Veteran

Garage
Send a message via AIM to G5Steven
when you paint, take a piece of electrical tape, and put on a side where you want to be able to see the level, and then tape a strip the length top to bottom of the tank, then trim the edge with a razor blade to give you the desired lines for your "site window" then paint, and then remove tape after paint is dry.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 01:04 AM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
^^^ Just what I was thinking. I guess you could paint them with Krylon Fusion, but I don't know what temp it's good for or how it will react to engine fluids spilled on it.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Forum God

Jeez now we're painting coolant tank?!

I'd say leave it alone. Not even ricers from f & f were painting those. I'd say leave it alone

Dropped Carbon Fiber SS, Project JDM

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 09:06 AM
I cut stuff
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
you're engine bay looks nice. and I actually agree with the paint idea. I've thought about doing something like that with my tank but idk. yet. I don't see what's so bad about painting it. It looks crappy without something done to it. I really like that you painted your intake deal below the throttle body. that is nice. I'm all about detail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode