Few Questions - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
Few Questions

First off, if this is the wrong section, feel free to move it.

Anyway, I'm thinking of adding fog lights to my 2010 LT sedan. Pretty much looking at the Hella FF75 . Since I don't have the inserts that I've read about, I would mount these underneath the bumper. Also looked at some PIAA low profile lights, but my checkbook laughed at that idea.

Anyway, my first question, are the daytime running lamps also the low beams?

Last car I had, I just wired the fogs to the low beams(using a relay). But if the low beams are also the drl's, I don't want the fog lamps on with the DRLs.

I also considered wiring to the parking lights, so they only come on with all the lights. Any downfall to that?

I would run everything through a relay, and just use the low beams or parking lamps to kick the relay to the on position. Only other thing I considered, was using a switch, and hiding it in the little compartment under the drivers side dash. Since I'm not to big on the idea of drilling into the car too much just yet.

And last question, why would there be a fuse in the fuse block under the hood for the fogs, when I don't have the fogs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
sounds ghetto but if i did it i would wire them straight to the postive battery terminal and have a switch on the inside.. just run them totally separate.. thats what i would do, but if you got your mind set on wiring it to something i guess i cant be much help.. if you want them on with your lows you have to go off the low beam wire and the ground on the 9007 socket n yea.. it would get messy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode