Need Some Advice/help Please - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Exclamation Need Some Advice/help Please

So today i went to give my cobalt a wash and when rinsing off the headlights with the pressure washer from a decent distance away i noticed right under the headlight that the paint on the bumper was peeling...I need some advice on how to stop this or fix it, cuz i don't want it looking bad (winter driven right now too) so i try to keep it clean from salt, any ideas, or help is greatly appreciated oh and my front bow tie was paint black and now has a chip in it, i guess i should sand it and repaint it? and add clear coat?

Everyone has different style, therefore everyone has different taste, don't like my car, don't look simple as that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Depends on the size of the peel if it's dime size or palm size. Touch-up paint.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

its more or less a dime size peel, but its along the bottom of the headlight, its like the little edge the headlight rests on

Everyone has different style, therefore everyone has different taste, don't like my car, don't look simple as that

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Forum Regular

if its peeling it means something got under the paint and caused it to not stick to the ecoat. u could just touch it up, but eventually its gonna crack out again. depending on how big of an area it is, i would take to a body shop and see what they say
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Contributor

A picture says more than a thousand words....

Besides fixing it I'd be worried about what caused it. Your light is not supposed to 'rest" on it. If that is the case on yours, that may be the cause of the damage. Make sure your headlight is properly mounted. Those things are an absolute bitch to get back in place once you take them out!

Black 2010 SS/TC G85 | ZFR6758 | Term2 tuned | 479whp, 470wtq | Built internals | Cryo'd 4.45 | CM S4 clutch | Hahn CP | ZZP IC | Forge BPV | Hahn 3 DP and Catback | Hahn CAI | Ported head & intake | LE5 TB | Opel injectors + custom 5th injector | ZZP S3 cams | 82# valve springs | 420lph E85 LPFP | Custom FM oil cooler | PRS YYZ v3 & Koni yellows | PRS XXX bar | PRS rotated mounts, rear bushings & TCABS | PRS PCV | PRS Racing oil pan | PRS brake ducts
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

ill post a pic as soon as possible, sorry didn't even thinking about a picture hahaha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode