Best Head Unit? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 03:52 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Best Head Unit?

Looking to put in a new double din head unit in my '05, narrowed it down to these three, need some input and if you think somethings better let me know (within this price range.) Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-FH-P8000BT-Double-Din-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B001411BZ2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1328355295&sr=1-1
Kenwood - 50W x 4 MOSFET Apple® iPod®-Ready In-Dash CD Deck - DPX308U

Pioneer - 50W x 4 MOSFET Apple® iPod®-/Satellite Radio-/HD Radio-Ready DVD Deck - AVH-P2300DVD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Definately not the Kenwood my opinon of course.

But I really like the first Pioneer with the dial in the center. Personally, I will never watch a movie in my car so the full screens, unless the price is right, dont intrigue me.

Also, dont forget to factor in the cost of the wiring harness
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Newcomer

ive also looked into this and really like the pioneer. But its about 500 for radio, installation, and the all the adapters needed so i put that on hold. Keep us informed on where you go with this.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Forum Regular

Do you have steering wheel controls?

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbalts View Post
Definately not the Kenwood my opinon of course.

But I really like the first Pioneer with the dial in the center. Personally, I will never watch a movie in my car so the full screens, unless the price is right, dont intrigue me.

Also, dont forget to factor in the cost of the wiring harness
I haven't heard anything too bad about Kenwood but is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttface View Post
ive also looked into this and really like the pioneer. But its about 500 for radio, installation, and the all the adapters needed so i put that on hold. Keep us informed on where you go with this.
Which Pioneer? and (mock me all you want) but believe it or not I have a buddy down at BestBuy and even though a lot of people have had bad experiences this guy knows what he's doing and is willing to install it for $60 for the double din's $110 for the touchscreen. Let me know if i'm missing something though for the $500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrw5641 View Post
Do you have steering wheel controls?
Nah 2005 Base 4DR.

Would really like more input so keep the comments coming! And yeah i'm not too big on watching DVD's but was thinking about getting the touchscreen for the hell of it. Do you think there is a big difference in sound quality between the touch screen and the double dins, Pioneer vs. Kenmore, and all 3 in general?

Last edited by xradiumxeyesx; 02-05-2012 at 01:52 AM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
i for one would stick with pioneer also..

n why would it cost more for a touchscreen install?? if you were closer id install it for $40.. its not hard to do with basic knowledge. the hardest part is figuring out which harness you need

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

i for one would stick with pioneer also..

n why would it cost more for a touchscreen install?? if you were closer id install it for $40.. its not hard to do with basic knowledge. the hardest part is figuring out which harness you need

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Newcomer

the pioneer 8000bt was the one i was talking about. but umm you dont happen to live in miami where i could get hooked up also huh?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Forum Regular

i have a pioneer avic z2 and the install was easy, did it all myself

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Nah, don't live near Miami sorry. And yeah i'm just not that good/have the time to do it, I put in my speakers and after that I figured i'd just go to a pro because I wasn't sure what I was doing and I wanted a more cleaner, professional install. But i'm really looking into the kenwood since I can get it for around $150 and the illumination looks sick, has anyone heard anything?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Forum Regular

just remember you get what you pay for.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode