Plastidip Interior - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Plastidip Interior (updated with pics )

good idea yes or no? also the price for one can of plastidip in canada is 20bucks

already did my trim pieces and it looks so clean! ill get pics up as soon as i can

all the black is plastidipped on the trim

Everyone has different style, therefore everyone has different taste, don't like my car, don't look simple as that

Last edited by CobaCobaltLT; 03-17-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Contributor

pics! im thinking about the same thing, because gloss looks crappy and if it looks like shit just peel it off!
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by breds2k View Post
pics! im thinking about the same thing, because gloss looks crappy and if it looks like shit just peel it off!
thats the way i feel, and matte doesn't look cheap, and theres so many colours to choose from also gives the trim pieces a nice texture

Everyone has different style, therefore everyone has different taste, don't like my car, don't look simple as that

Last edited by CobaCobaltLT; 02-23-2012 at 03:59 PM.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
why don't u guys use dupli-color vinyl&fabric paint, as long as u prep it right it won't chip or peel!

KABOOM!
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimiballs View Post
why don't u guys use dupli-color vinyl&fabric paint, as long as u prep it right it won't chip or peel!
because its permanent, this stuff is just as good , if not better with a better finish and nicer texture to it, plus if you get tired, u peel and keep stock or do another colour, and this stuff is pretty durable with at least 4 coats

post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Contributor

i used dupicolor interior paint on my last car and put too much clear on top and hated it, plastidip=removable=win.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 05:16 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum Regular

its a cheap alternative for a nice look, but if you plan on touching it all the time you might get annoyed since it is a textured feel. not what im looking for inside a car
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by uknowhim21 View Post
its a cheap alternative for a nice look, but if you plan on touching it all the time you might get annoyed since it is a textured feel. not what im looking for inside a car
hahaha a serious question, but what are you looking for in a car? cuz leather has a textured feel, and so does other soft touch surfaces, in general i just think plastidip is a better alternative to dupli colour and removable, also doesn't give off a cheap plastic look, and if you get bored of it, its removable and therefore equals win (no bashing intended , everyone is allowed to do what they want with their car and has own tastes , which is dually noted , and in no way am bashing your taste )

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Newcomer

The thing with dark matte finishes is that it will show oily fingerprints and will be a little harder to clean than a gloss finish.

But done properly it will look good.

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 04:53 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Plasti-Dip also makes a clear-coat, which you could use after the color coat.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode