Rims for Summer, Konig, Opinions Please - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Rims for Summer, Konig, Opinions Please

Hello everyone, Ive been looking for new rims for the summer and im having mixed emotions on these.

16X7 KONIG LACE WHEELS 4X100/114.3MM ET40 RIM BLACK | eBay

what do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Contributor

why 16s? jw. I reccomend 17 or 18s. ive got 17s and love mine. theres another brand of konigs that might go better with ur car if ur interested: Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct

they match the orange good with the lip. thats the 16s and i think they have 17s/18s i just didnt check. but call them about a wheel/tire package and they give u good deals.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

wow those are actually really nice. i was debating with 16 and 17, do you have any pictures of your rims with ur car.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 10:04 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerVeteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Masterz
I might say go for 17-18'' too. Low profile performance tire handle better & add a clean look to your car.

My car showoff
Want nice deal on Aftermarket parts? Pm me for price from my sponsor!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

but, hows the ride with lowered springs, bigger rims, and low profile tires?

and would the stock suspension be able to handle springs. Ive noticed alot of people are reccomending to get the SS thing(I cant remember the friken name) the thing under the strut, that is in the spring and holds the spring in place lol
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCobalt1127 View Post
but, hows the ride with lowered springs, bigger rims, and low profile tires?

and would the stock suspension be able to handle springs. Ive noticed alot of people are reccomending to get the SS thing(I cant remember the friken name) the thing under the strut, that is in the spring and holds the spring in place lol
Fe5 shocks & struts :P Yes, it is highly recommended to get those. They are pretty cheap (250$ on crateengine). So for about 500$ you would have a legit suspension set-up.

Bigger rims + low profile tire allow you to turn a 90° curve at 60 km/h without losing control (didn't try at higher than 60 km/h to be honest hahah). The tire is softer, so handle better than normal tire. Cons: if you drive like if you were in nascar, those tire will last you 2 summer or so. But to be honest, I bought mine at the beginning of the summer, raced once, I turn corner at normal speed, and my tire are like new right now. For sure you'll feel the bumps alot more, you gotta learn how to zigzag between potholes hahaha. IMO it worth the look, I didn't really bought new rims/tires for ''performance''.

My car showoff

Last edited by Masterz; 02-26-2012 at 10:21 PM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

so ill be honest, I love the look of your car, just checked it out. the white interior is sex.

and 60hm/hr 90° turn, thats crazy. I used to drive a ford windstar before this (Van) haha a 20km/hr 90 turn would be a challenge.

and those are 18" on ur car? they look amazing, and i was worried about 17's looking too big. I think ill deff do that upgrade in the summer though. Have to pay off some school debt first :( and do you have sway bar or is it stock?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
so ill be honest, I love the look of your car, just checked it out. the white interior is sex.

and 60hm/hr 90° turn, thats crazy. I used to drive a ford windstar before this (Van) haha a 20km/hr 90 turn would be a challenge.

and those are 18" on ur car? they look amazing, and i was worried about 17's looking too big. I think ill deff do that upgrade in the summer though. Have to pay off some school debt first :( and do you have sway bar or is it stock?
Well thanks alot man!

Yes, they are 18''. No sway bar.

Your best bet is to take your time, know what you want make your car ''your'' car. I love my car and wouldn't change a thing I've done to it. You just have to know what you'll work on first. I will never do ''engine thing'' on mine, except intake, because I find this useless for a daily driver. But, I expect to make it look like a showcar (even if it's a cobalt hahhaa). It takes time... And, hum, money

My car showoff
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

yeah thats exacly it. if you get that sway bar youll be able to do it goin 70 :P i was actually doing about 90 off an exit ramp (one of the circle ones) going to work tonight

and yeah CAI is something i want also. so many things, so little money :( Im going to start with all of the functional things first then move to looks.

sofar have the stabalizer, spark plugs, brakes (change n paint) to do plus have to get a torque wrench and a few other tools. This is the first car that i actually OWN so i didnt have any of the basic tools. Got jacks and a lift the other week and did my first oil change. that dam bolt was a sob to get off, and i still cant get the radiator drain plug off.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
yeah thats exacly it. if you get that sway bar youll be able to do it goin 70 :P i was actually doing about 90 off an exit ramp (one of the circle ones) going to work tonight

and yeah CAI is something i want also. so many things, so little money :( Im going to start with all of the functional things first then move to looks.

sofar have the stabalizer, spark plugs, brakes (change n paint) to do plus have to get a torque wrench and a few other tools. This is the first car that i actually OWN so i didnt have any of the basic tools. Got jacks and a lift the other week and did my first oil change. that dam bolt was a sob to get off, and i still cant get the radiator drain plug off.
On my side, the only think I had to replace on mine was link kit on both front side. This car is the second thing I love the most (first is gf ). You'll have fun modding yours. This is my third car, and it is the only one I've done mods on and I sometime drive it only for the pleasure of driving it. Lucky me, I met a friend 3 house away from mine that also got a Balt who own a garage. I can't wait for the summer to show to restart working on my balt :P

My car showoff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode