Could You Install a Onstar RearView in Your LT Balt? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Could You Install a Onstar RearView in Your LT Balt?

So my center rear view mirror has some of this brown that accumulated around the screen and was wondering if I could switch it out with an onstar one. I wouldn't hook it up, plugging it in, but just replacing my old mirror.Could I? I also do like the reading lights underneath, how could I hook that up to make that only work?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 02:30 AM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDcobalt View Post
So my center rear view mirror has some of this brown that accumulated around the screen and was wondering if I could switch it out with an onstar one. I wouldn't hook it up, plugging it in, but just replacing my old mirror.Could I? I also do like the reading lights underneath, how could I hook that up to make that only work?
just throwing this out there. but wouldnt you be able to tap into the current power cables from your dome light? just running it to the dome, middle? would be a clean setup. Mind you im not an electrician and id like to what other peoples think
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Forum Regular

i did this for my leds under the dash where your feet go, looks stock and is very clean, no visible wires

Everyone has different style, therefore everyone has different taste, don't like my car, don't look simple as that

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaCobaltLT View Post
i did this for my leds under the dash where your feet go, looks stock and is very clean, no visible wires
What do you mean? I'm talking about if the stem part of the new rear view mirror is the same as the stock stem part of the old mirror that I would take out.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Forum Regular

i did a little google search, and people are replacing these mirrors with aftermarket. I would imagine if it is an OEM mirror it should fit.

Google
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Yeah got the onstar mirror, its a easy swap hopefully looking into powering the readering lights in the near future.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode