Under Glow Led Installing - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Under Glow Led Installing

Hello I need help on installing under glow kit on a 2007 Chevy cobalt lt
Well I looked a person thing on how to do it n I didn't know where to put the power suply the fuse box or the battery in the back I hooked up recently led tubes and neon tubes but failed :-\ the neon tube busted and led tube wire burtn from under the car while drive in if and one can help please do I don't wanna burn this one up it cost me 170 multi color under glow with wireless remote and interior tubes also :-* so please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Expert

Garage
Ouch, $170???? I did mine for $15 lol

Use a toggle switch and connect that to any constant power source. There a few behind the bcm (dont use the ones visible from the front!) or go right to the battery. Ground each tube anywhere in the chasis, run each power wire to your switch, bam, youre done
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

It came with a inline fuse to go to the battery I got the power supply good now were is a good place to put the front tube at?

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Well mine came with the interior tubes and remote n exterior tubes multi color from Amazon it was better then paying 300 from the street glow website lol so yea

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Expert

Garage
I Put mine on the black plastic inder the front bumper (not the part that scrapes the curb, inside more). Just drilled four holes in it and zap strapped it on. Works well there cuz you cant see the strip at all unless youre under the car
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Hmm I'll have to try it I got the lights inside there hot lol
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Staff Alumni

i had pipedream 7 color under body on my grand am..came with 2 boxes...1 that all the tube wires ran into then from that a wire to the control box and there were wires coming off the control box i spliced into the power and ground wires from my stereo...worked flawlessly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode