Headlight Question - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Headlight Question

So i have installed my black Gen 3 Projectors with Halos and LEDs. they look amazing btw. I started out with the halos and leds wired to the parking lights but my DRL did not allow for the halos to be on during the day. So i ended up running them to my fuse tap on the windows for my amp turn on. that way my Halos are on whenever my car is on and they work with the RAP features. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a different way to wire up the halos so they are on all the time. is there anyone out there that has their halos wired to a constant power and switched so the halos could be on when the car is off, i was thinking maybe that would be cool to do. What kind of power do the Halos and LEDs draw? Also i was wondering about what i would need to install HIDs in my projectors. some people say it is useless but i think the brighter lights would look super nice. also i was wondering about replacing my blinkers with the switchback LEDs. has anyone done this and would i need to install resistors with them as well. im sort of a newb but i consider myself electrically inclined.

Thanks in advance for any input

'08 Victory Red Cobalt LT Special Edition Coupe
Current Mods:
- GMPP Catback Exhaust
- Motegi MR117 - 18" with Nitto NeoGens
- LED Smoked Tail Lights
- Injen Cold Air Intake
- Black Gen 3 Projectors w/ Halos & LEDs & Switchbacks
- SS Leather Wheel w/ Radio Controls
- 35% Front Tint, 20% Rear Tint
- Chevy Rubber Floor Mats
- SS Gauge Cluster