Fender Swap - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Fender Swap

I Love my cobalt and I have recently fixed a pretty sizable problem with it thanks to advice from members here. In the process of fixing my exhaust leak I ended up just buying a new catback exhaust system from Tsudo performance. Even as small of a job it was it has really sparked wanted to do more withit like I have thought of int he past and the next step I really want to do is replace the front and rear bumpers with stock SS supercharged bumpers from the 2006-2008 series (I think I have the right years). I want a more agresive stylish look. Eventually I am going to get coilovers and rear suspension but my querry was if anyone who has a SS supercharged from those years that has replaced their bumpers with body kit bumpers is looking to sell or get rid of their old stock pieces. I have done some research and from what I can tell without a whole ton of modification they would be a great fit. Please feel free to reply with ideas or comments. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
They should be a perfect fit. No modification really required. Good luck in your search!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindru View Post
I Love my cobalt and I have recently fixed a pretty sizable problem with it thanks to advice from members here. In the process of fixing my exhaust leak I ended up just buying a new catback exhaust system from Tsudo performance. Even as small of a job it was it has really sparked wanted to do more withit like I have thought of int he past and the next step I really want to do is replace the front and rear bumpers with stock SS supercharged bumpers from the 2006-2008 series (I think I have the right years). I want a more agresive stylish look. Eventually I am going to get coilovers and rear suspension but my querry was if anyone who has a SS supercharged from those years that has replaced their bumpers with body kit bumpers is looking to sell or get rid of their old stock pieces. I have done some research and from what I can tell without a whole ton of modification they would be a great fit. Please feel free to reply with ideas or comments. Thanks!

Could you please specify which Cobalt you have, year, model?

Old Car: Chevy Cobalt 2006 LS Sedan base (Automatic)

New Car: Chevy Impala 2011 LT Fully Loaded (Automatic)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Thanks Kevimac, I am looking forward to this project. Also sorry for not specifying Johnccc, I have an 06 2d LT.

I also wanted to ask if anyone has experience in removing the horizontal door trim that runs in the middle of the door and back along the rear fender and also if there was a guide (couldnt find one) on removing spoilers. Thanks again guys, you have been very supportive. If anyone needs advice on motorcycles I would be happy to help. I have quiet a few years working on all things motorcycles and I currently own a 99 KTM SX 380and an 07 Suzuki GSXR 750.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode