Lost a Mirror Cover and Cant Find Where to Buy - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Lost a Mirror Cover and Cant Find Where to Buy

I need to find a mirror cover for the drivers side in black
I would rather buy 2 orange ones to match the car but cant find them anywhere. Any ideas out there. Seems they discontinued the orange????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Contributor

Paint the stock ones orange. Or check gmparts direct. I have 2 black stock mirror covers I could also sell you..
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
WA913L is your color code, just get a can mixed up at your local SHERWIN-WILLIAMS AUTOMOTIVE FINISHES and a can of clear.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Staff Alumni

Garage
Send a message via MSN to biniecki Send a message via Yahoo to biniecki
You can buy them from the dealership. They are like $20 or $30 for a set. They sell every color but the gloss black for some reason. They told me the gloss black ones are only available when you purchase new power mirrors

2006 Cobalt LS 2.2L Ecotec
Show Off Thread

hailcesar quote - "I think you got the best transformation from Ls to badass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Veteran

Garage
I have some for sale

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Forum God

um...here's the link for your mirror covers, price is for a set and color should be right on. Ifr anything give them a call and they'll match your VIN, like they did for me.

Outside Rear View Mirror Cover 12499546

BboyTaktix
- 2011 Plasma Blue pearl WRX STI sedan
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Expert

I would just go to a junk yard and find the "one" you need and then chrome both of them, easy fix, looks good. Chrome enamel is not that expensive.

Old Car: Chevy Cobalt 2006 LS Sedan base (Automatic)

New Car: Chevy Impala 2011 LT Fully Loaded (Automatic)
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 06:40 AM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnccc View Post
I would just go to a junk yard and find the "one" you need and then chrome both of them, easy fix, looks good. Chrome enamel is not that expensive.
yeah but he said he wanted them body color matched and his aren't. A new one would be maybe $10 at a junkyard plus a can of paint is $10 plus sandpaper and clearcoat.....it's probably cheaper (and easier) to just order them for $33 from CED. And they'll match perfectly and the paint will last.

BboyTaktix
- 2011 Plasma Blue pearl WRX STI sedan
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Thanks for all the input. I do have black now but figured that if i had to buy a set why not go orange. Probably looks better. I am trying the link from above to purchase the orange ones and crossing my fingers. I have tried purchasing these twice before from online suppliers tto just be told at a later date that they actually didnt have them. WE will see.

I may be interested in buying the black ones stated above. How much shipped to 32068 florida??

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by biniecki View Post
You can buy them from the dealership. They are like $20 or $30 for a set. They sell every color but the gloss black for some reason. They told me the gloss black ones are only available when you purchase new power mirrors
Dealership doesnt have them in orange. Have to buy whole mirror assembly

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnccc View Post
Been to the local junkers, No Luck

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltItaliano View Post
Paint the stock ones orange. Or check gmparts direct. I have 2 black stock mirror covers I could also sell you..
How much shipped to 32068 florida. Worst case scenario, if they are not available anywhere i will probably buy a set of black. Even ebay has every color but black or orange. The vendors on there all say orange isnt available anymore. Wierd.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

I appreciate the link above. So far looks like they found one of about 2 or 3 left on the market, lol. Not on my doorstep yet but the guy sent me an email saying he received them and they are on there way here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode