Addding Steering Wheel Controls on Cobalt LS - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Addding Steering Wheel Controls on Cobalt LS

im looking to add the SS steering wheel controls on my 08 LS with NO controls ( i just have the info button and the arrow on the left side)

I wanted to add the SS steering wheel controls (both sides) BUT DONT WANT TO HOOK UP CRUISE ( dont care about it) and i wanted the right side for the audio. do i have to go ahead and wire a million wires.? i have seen a how to on css but am unsure if this is what i have to do. I read its plug and play one thread. than another says you have to do the wiring at the end of the steering wheel harness so the wires mate with the sir coil.

I do have the SS steering wheel i need to install. which has the wire with harness attatched on each side.. so for the info button and back arrow to work on the left side of the wheel all id have to do is plug the control into the steering wheel.. Right? if im wrong please correct.
now for the passanger side of the steering wheel for the audio controls to work with my JVC double din all i would have to do is plug in the controls, than buy either the Axxess ASWC orthe pac harness right? i have the pac harness currently installed with my sony single din.(have to install the double)

let me know if all that has to be done for audio controls is plug them into the ss wheel i habe than wire up the Axxess harness

. like i said i DONT CARE ABOUT CRUISE WORKING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode