Would Custom Installed Fog Lights Fit This Bumper? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Would Custom Installed Fog Lights Fit This Bumper?

I own a black 2007 Cobalt LT 4dr sedan and I'm trying to add visual mods to it. I don't want it to look like an SS because it's not an SS but I want it to look nice and different.
I recently saved up a couple hundred dollars to buy the front bumper that's in this link. 2005-2009 Chevy Cobalt 2/4DR Tech Front Bumper

However, I'm going to buy a fog light kit pretty soon and I was wondering how I would go about installing fog lights onto that bumper. Do I need to buy some kind of fog light harness or a mesh of some kind to support the lights? I tried contacting the manufacturers of the bumper but they aren't replying back. From what I can tell by the picture, the fog lights won't be able to fit anywhere because there is no harness. Is there some kind of harness that I would need to buy for this bumper to add the fog lights?

The lights are probably going to be these. 05-09 Chevy Cobalt 9007 12000K Purple Xenon HID Conversion Kit for Hi/Low Beam - HID Kit - Lighting - Cobalt - Chevy | EverythingCarParts.com

Any kind of info would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 09:07 PM
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
i'm sorry but that bumper is going to look rice as hell. not only because it looks the way it does, but it's going to sit lower than your side skirts and rear bumper along with your car probably not being lowered....

on topic, they'll only fit if you make custom brackets for them to sit and it's probably not going to look so great unless professionally done. also, you're going to need to pay someone to paint the bumper too

Forged L61 BW S252 Turbocharged Showoff Thread
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Staff Alumni

There's a video of that car on YouTube lol. But yea man I wouldn't get that, if you like it go for it though. I think the lt2 bumper has fogs too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

I figured it wouldn't work. What about the bumper in this link? 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt B-2 Front Bumper : 103921 Duraflex by:

Looks like it already has brackets for the lights and the bumper itself doesn't look too bad. What do you think?

The installation and paint job isn't a problem. It's just the appearance that I'm a bit skeptical about.

By the way, I have side skirts and a back lip on my car already.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Rriggs92, it's not essential that I get THAT bumper. I want an after market bumper so that my Cobalt would look different from all the other Cobalts. But I don't want it too look like an SS cause an LT looking like an SS is douchey.

This 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt B-2 Front Bumper : 103921 Duraflex by: bumper also looks pretty nice and it seems it has a support for the fog lights. Looks like if I get it, I can install the lights without a problem but I'm not too sure though.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 12:44 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusik View Post
I figured it wouldn't work. What about the bumper in this link? 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt B-2 Front Bumper : 103921 Duraflex by:

Looks like it already has brackets for the lights and the bumper itself doesn't look too bad. What do you think?

The installation and paint job isn't a problem. It's just the appearance that I'm a bit skeptical about.

By the way, I have side skirts and a back lip on my car already.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Rriggs92, it's not essential that I get THAT bumper. I want an after market bumper so that my Cobalt would look different from all the other Cobalts. But I don't want it too look like an SS cause an LT looking like an SS is douchey.

This 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt B-2 Front Bumper : 103921 Duraflex by: bumper also looks pretty nice and it seems it has a support for the fog lights. Looks like if I get it, I can install the lights without a problem but I'm not too sure though.
If you want fogs, all you need to do is tap the fuse for them(or any auxiliary power fuse) and wire a switch. This is what I did when I added fogs to my douchey SS bumper, since I have an LS with no fog harness
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
Send a message via AIM to shaggy87
Lmao, douchey. No offense, but I personally think the aftermarket bumpers look "douchey". I said **** it & started saving to drop the $250 on an SS bumper, won't have issues with fog fitments & it won't look wanky cause it doesn't line up properly.

That's just me thhooo, good luck with the bumper.

Sent from iPhone
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Forum Regular

If your into spending a lot of time and or money to make it fit then go ahead they say they are a direct for but that's not the case it took my about a month to finally get mine to sit right and it still has its flaws if I could take it off and run ss bumpers I would but the amount of body work I did doesn't make sense [IMG][/IMG]

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.com App
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 01:08 PM
Contributor

Quote:
The lights are probably going to be these. 05-09 Chevy Cobalt 9007 12000K Purple Xenon HID Conversion Kit for Hi/Low Beam - HID Kit - Lighting - Cobalt - Chevy | EverythingCarParts.com
Stay AWAY! Blue/Purple lights are CRAP. They are not practical for driving at night. Not only that, but HID kits in reflector housings that are meant for housings cause excessive glare. Also, that kit is a "Low Beam" only kit. You NEED high beams! If you aim those low to keep them out of drivers' eyes, you'll only be able to see, like, 20 feet in front of you. BuyHID's bi-xenon bulbs, I hear, work the best in the Cobalt headlights. But what you really should do is a projector retrofit. 4,300k is going to give you the most light output. With projectors, you don't NEED 12,000k to get that purple exotic look. A lot of projectors that use clear lenses have a rainbow effect at the cutoff line called "color flicker." You get the safety and visibility of white light, but your lights will look purple from far away. This is a good starter to go with from The Retrofit Source.

Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

Those are fairly easy to install and well worth it. Plus, you get high quality ballast and excellent customer service. I had my Mini H1 projectors and HIDs for over a year with no problems. Don't waste your money on shitty HID kits that cause excessive glare and really no usable light and do it right the first time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode