Halo Headlight Installing. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Halo Headlight Installing.

Hey just had a couple of questions about halo headlights. Well my first question is how easy/hard is it to actually install them? could i do it myself, the kit comes with a easy install kit. Now i see some people wire the leds with the turn signal and it only comes on when the person turns I'm not to fond of that. And how does the light work for the high beam and low beam if i don't get hids or do i have to get hids also for the unit to work can i was only planning to get the headlights not the hids or would it not work with the bulbs i have in my headlight now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Newcomer

Garage
It helps to have a multimeter when installing most halo headlights, it is not particularly difficult with the instunctions that are usually included. If you don't want the LEDs to blink do not splice them into the turn signal, this is where a meter can come in handy. The actual headlights should be able to plug into the vehicle stock wiring harness and handle highs and lows, usually two seperate bulbs with the halos. HID is a style of bulb that arcs its current through gas instead of heating a filament not neccesarily a 'high beam' Your lights can be wired up to do any number of lighting combos and depends on how indepth you want to get with your splicing.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Id like to splice the rings n leds with the running lights so its on all the time except when i have it off of course but i can still use my regular headlight bulb right?

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Newcomer

Garage
That is common. I personally have a halos and LEDs on the running switch. You should as long as the new setup has the same plugs. Unless you are required, not an option that is, to get new bulbs I would bet your stock gear should be fine
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Oh ok just wondering thank u n yea its all the same year cobalt hook up just waiting to get them in the mail soon
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Newcomer

Garage
Getting those suckers in without scratching anything is a real pain. Make sure to check beam height and straightness before applying final torque, or you may be re-aligning them after your first night out driving.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

How do u check that? Or fix that?
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Newcomer

just did my halos

the hardest part of installing them was getting the damn stock headlights out without scratching the hell out of the bumper lol....

I would recommend going to autozone/walmart/pepboys and getting "quick connectors". this is a lot easier than splicing and soldering but it does the same job.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Veteran

^^ Lil too late lol this guys has his headlights installed for a while now :laughs:
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Cobalt Master
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Lol too late gents here i am^_^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode