Bumper progress - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Bumper progress

Yea this thread isn't totally necessary but I wanted to make it.

I bought a SS bumper from CL and it seemed to be missing things (look at pictures below)

Ya it's totally missing the crossbar, but I didn't care it still has the rest, and it was $60. So I purchased the chrome cobalt grille which I thought would fit fine since you have to delete the crossbar. It will work! (Look at picture below)

Didn't put the chrome part on because it was being a PITA and we were losing light,but it definitely fit good! Fog lights are on order and licence relocation kit I will order tomorrow. Was thinking of doing OEM harness install for fogs but I don't think I will go that route anymore so doing aftermarket (still gotta double check how). My trim with fog will be shipping tomorrow too woohoo.

Day 123121:
Added the foglights, ran independent switch to them, i just gotta remember to never leave them on when i turn off the car or ill be in for a rude surprise. I didnt mount the switch anywhere i left it in the little cubby to the left of steering wheel because i still want to do OEM wiring

WA636R - Switchblade Silver Mt 09 Sedan LT 2.2L LAP......Auto!

MODS:Fe5 TC Shock + Struts\Moog Endlinks\YYZ V1 Springs\SC Gunmetal Wheels. Badmab Shorty Header\GMPP Performance Exhaust\ZZP 2.5 Catted DP\K&N Drop-in filter\High Flow Intake Tube. Gen4 Headlights\6K Low Beam HID\LED 3rd Brake Light\LED Turn Signals,Plate,Trunk, Dome, Reverse, Side-marker\ Debadge "LT" & GM fender badges\Shorty Antenna

Join YC.com on Facebook! Like YC.com on facebook too!

Last edited by Bronxknight28; 09-05-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Cobalt Master

kinda funny how this all worked out..... you needed one with the crossbar and got one without, i needed one without and got one with.....
Im starting to lean more towards aftermarket install for fogs instead of OEM wiring too.... i don't have access to a tech-II and i remember reading something about it needing to be activated in the bcm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Yea I read that also, don't know what's the truth! I would tell you to keep the one with the cross beam and put the TC grille but then it looks like a cobalt lol

MODS:Fe5 TC Shock + Struts\Moog Endlinks\YYZ V1 Springs\SC Gunmetal Wheels. Badmab Shorty Header\GMPP Performance Exhaust\ZZP 2.5 Catted DP\K&N Drop-in filter\High Flow Intake Tube. Gen4 Headlights\6K Low Beam HID\LED 3rd Brake Light\LED Turn Signals,Plate,Trunk, Dome, Reverse, Side-marker\ Debadge "LT" & GM fender badges\Shorty Antenna

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 06:37 AM
Forum God

Garage
You best be getting the lip for it.

And the lower grille.

The Racekar - SOLD!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIW9XK_WMR4
2007 Cashmere Metallic Chevy Cobalt LT Sedan...totaled 04/11/2011
2010 VR Cobalt 2LT Sedan Debadged, ZZP Intake, Custom 2.5" Exhaust/Borla Pro XS, FE5 Bidnez with KSport Springs.
Previously dumped on BC Xtreme Low's...RIP LOWLYFE :(
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
yes i is, when it comes around, i'm dying to get it painted, waiting on a quote from a friend. running around looking like a cheapo for now lol, but it still looks better than the base as hell bumper

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I would think it would be easier to paint off the car.

Yes, you do need to enable fogs in "BCM" if you go with OEM installation.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
mind shipping it my way? lol and yea its gonna go off before its painted, i still got my base bumper at my friends house, and it wont take so long to install next time lol

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Cobalt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxknight28 View Post
Yea I read that also, don't know what's the truth! I would tell you to keep the one with the cross beam and put the TC grille but then it looks like a cobalt lol
Ive been thinking of doing something sort of along those lines, just modifying the crossbar slightly so i can put a pontiac emblem on it instead of a bowtie without it looking terrible.... i guess if it looks bad i just pull out the dremel and cut the crossbar off.... Can't have my G5 looking like a cobalt..........

Quote:
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
I think thats what the seller of mine was trying to do (make it fit his G5) because he mentioned he has one. Be wary because once you cut that beam its over

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Cobalt Master

So...... when you get your SS/TC grill you are gonna send me your stock one for free right? then i can see what i can do to make it look right......

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode