Brighter Headlights - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

Brighter Headlights

I've got gen 1 projectors. I've tried HID and halogen bulbs and neither one works well. Everything is very dim. I haven't tried led yet. Any suggestions?

2007 SS/SC Lazer Blue Metallic. 2.90" pulley, 42# Injectors, K&N Typhoon Intake, Badmab Header, ZZP 3"dp, HPTuned, and Tsudo Muffler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Contributor

Those projector headlights you buy off Amazon or eBay are JUNK!! They say the Gen 4s are the best. But nothing beats a good retrofit into the stock headlights. Even the Mini H1s will blow those eBay projectors out of the water. I have EvoX-R projectors now and I can see for about a mile with those. Also, go with 4,300k if you want the brightest light output. Better yet, go with a projector that takes a D2S bulb, like the EvoX-R and spend the extra money on Philips 85122 bulbs. They have just a tinge of yellow to them, but I love 'em.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 05:12 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
If you want LED lighting for low beams that will actually make useful output, you would need to spend a pretty penny. All you need are some good projectors, good bulbs, and proper alignment. Mini H1's are a great suggestion as they are affordable and typically easier to retrofit into stock housings.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Thanks guys. I got my stockers ripped apart so im half way there. The retrofit source kits work good?

2007 SS/SC Lazer Blue Metallic. 2.90" pulley, 42# Injectors, K&N Typhoon Intake, Badmab Header, ZZP 3"dp, HPTuned, and Tsudo Muffler.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Nice, you'll be so much happier. I'm amazed at how many people buy Ebay headlights.

Which TRS kit are you going with?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Ahh yes, TRS kits are top notch. I'm running FX-Rs in mine.

2007 Cobalt Ls Manual Coupe
Kenwood Excelon X996, RF T3 Components, RF Power 6x9s, Sundown Audio SA10, RF Power T600.4, Alpine MRP-1000, Kinetic HC-1800, Black headlights, FX-R HID 55W, Custom led tail lights, Led reverse lights, Airbox mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode